What's new

πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§ β€œIt’s Fall!” SOTD Theme Week - September 19th, 2022 to September 25th, 2022 πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest2023

8649F0C9-0FF1-4EB8-95EB-413B6BF877A7.jpeg

Arko
Yaqi Cashmere
Schick Proline

Another close and smooth shaving.
Β 
CCS 9/10

I gave myself a knick otherwise it was an outstanding shave.

Brush: Yaqi synthetic tuxedo red and black marble resin
Soap: PAA Atomic Pumpkin
Razor: Yates 921-EH
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Intermission: Dickinson original Witch Hazel
Post Shave: PAA Atomic Pumpkin after shave & cologne

Superlative lather, razor was smooth and efficient, only thing wrong is I got 1 knick.
1 point subtracted on account of the knick.
Β 
2022-09-24N sotd.jpeg

Pre ..... Hot Water Splash/Soak
Brush ... Omega EVO Special Veteran
Soap .... La Toja Tube
Head .... Atelier DURDAN Le Maurice Brass (1.2mm GAP) **
Handle .. Timeless SS Barber Pole (85x14)
Blade ... Wizamet
Post .... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post .... La Toja AS Splash
Finish .. Jaguar For Men EDT
Β 
Sun SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Finally, back home shave. I had a slow, relaxing & enjoyable time lathering with the excellent brush and soap. Smelling remarkable and further enhanced by the AS! The razor for the job was good but the edge may need to be refreshed. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220925_143222.jpg
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
19B407EF-8C98-45E7-B074-A7C4BE66B692.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving 40 Crows Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Schick Krona.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’OrΓ©al Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.
Β 
SOTD: 25/09/2022

Razor: Occams Enoch
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 5th use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Night Witch Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

You know the drill. Day five of the grand SE shootout.

Today's shenanigans are brought to you by Occams Enoch. This is a good looking razor and I love the handle. However you need a degree in astrophysics and the dexterity of a jet fighter pilot to load a blade into the blooming thing. I got there in the end when I realised you don't break it into 3 parts, you just loosen it all up.

The shave itself wasn't the best. I didn't like the head geometry and I found the shaving angle very unintuitive. I even stopped after the first pass and changed razors to see if it was a worn out blade. This is now a double shootout as I killed two birds with one stone and picked up the Hawk v2. Extremely light razor and definitely good enough but the other razors are simply better.

Scores in the doors so far are:

1. Hawk v3
2. Yaqi Excalibur
3. Claymore Evo
4. Enoch
5. Hawk v2
6. Colonial General

So what does week one of the shootout teach us. I prefer stainless steel to aluminium. On the whole I lean towards heavier razors. I love Mitchell's Wool Fat but I eye my other soaps with envy, I'm a soap tart and easy with my affections.

Different format for next week as I try different blades in the same razors. I want to spin through the blade selection with the Claymore and the Enoch as they are loaners and I need to reunite them with their very kind owner. The rest of the comparisons can be done in slow time.

8648BF06-2B06-41D0-93C8-EFEB0EBD499C.jpeg
Β 
Sunday, September 18, 2022.

FloΓ―d oil pre shave. Dr Harris: Windsor, shaving cream, lotion, balm aftershave & EdT. R.A. Rooney & Sons (brand estimated by unknown), β€œ5 Best badgers hair”, cow bone handle, U.K. Malaingre & Staurenghi, E.S.R., Nogent, Hte. Marne, France, carbon steel, qquarter hollow, authentic ivory scales.

CFFA38C6-A711-4201-8000-32D3D2ECAEFA.jpeg
Β 
Sunday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84P
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Thater LE 5
Soap: HAGS Facelift
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater /Alum
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, SEptemper 25th 2022

Razor : Schick injector i2 with hydro magic feature- Mfg 1954-57, tame mid range, well built to last, I like the hydro magic feature for quick cleaning of blade and clamping system. I enjoy using this razor.
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE(6) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream- nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Orbital ring 24mm boar bristle, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber +great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel beard area cleanse + Nivea refreshing splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with hydro magic with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD Septemper 25 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.