What's new

Italian artisan NEW soap: Felce Aromatica

Hey Friends,

i just want to do a review of my newest addition. The Soap is (as you may have seen) Saponificio Varesino "Felce Aromatica". The soap comes in a very nice, solid aluminum jar. This jar contains 5.3 oz or 150g of soap. You can also buy the soap only. Without the jar. Than it is a little cheaper.
The soap itself has a very hard consistency, so i think it will last a very long time.

Yesterday i used it the first time after i received it on Saturday. As i opened the jar, a heavenly scent came to my nose. Not a chemical scent, not artificial, just a pure, fresh and clean Fern scent. I have to say, that i never smelled a better Fern scent. Really really nice.

To lather up i used my HJM Black Fibre. I gave the brush a few swirls on the soap and within seconds i had enough wonderful lather to shave with. Once lathered up the scent was spreading out. There was an addition with a light citrus note, which made the scent so fresh. Absolutely outstanding.

The skin feel is absolutely top notch. There is no burning, no itching, nothing negativ about the lather. It´s very creamy, cushioning and the razor glides through the lather that it´s a pure joy. You don´t have to re-aply the lather. I let the lather sit on my face for about 5 minutes and what should i tell you...

NOTHING happend!!! No drying or fading away...the same quality of lather all the time. Wonderful.

After the shave i waited for abour 30 minutes to apply my Aftershave, because normally this is the time, where my skin get´s a little dried out if the soap has not the best moisturizing ingredients. I waited and waited and waited...and here again...NOTHING happend. My face felt like it has been creamed with a rich moisturizing balm or cream. Nevertheless i applied my Aftershave just to end up the shave like i always do.

For me i can say, that this soap is one of the best soaps i ever used. The scent is georgeous, the lather is fantastic and the skin care is absolutely outstanding. I paid 14,50€ (which is app. 18$) and shipping cost me 8€ (which is app. 10$) for shipping to Germany. So i think, the price is absolutely ok.

Here are some pictures.

The soap came in this aluminum jar.

Here the Ingredients

The Logo of the Company has been stamped on the soap. Hope you can see it a bit...

As i said, for me it is THE best shaving soap i tried so far. Hopefully this outstanding soap will never be discontinued.

Greetings
Thorsten

Alfredo,

Terrific video and I was astonished when I saw your suribachi. I have two of the EXACT same bowls. You are clearly a man of exquisite tastes and discernment.

Going to empty out my pockets and see if there's some spare change to try this soap.

mark

Mark:

So... I gave you a good advice, uhu? :glare:

proxy.php

Man, I am very eager to try this soap, but I keep having quite a few issues with the password/e-mail not being matched. Tried resetting twice but still no go! Anybody else have issues like this? I made an account at night and the next day went to place the order and have been stuck since.

I sent an e-mail over via the "Contact Us" form, but hopefully I can get this going!

A member in our German Forum wrote me, that he didn´t like the scent of the soap and asked me if i want to buy his soap. Used 2 times...

You can think what my answer was,right?! :w00t:

Minutes ago i wrote a Mail to Enzo (Freelander Soaps). Curious on his answer...thanks @AlfredoT for posting his mail adress. :thumbup1:

Ok. So I just recieved the soap today (very fast shipping), and the first thing I heard from the-woman-in-charge was that I didn't need another soap. Then we opened it to sample its fragrance. Wow. Of the many, many soaps and creams I have, this easily ties for the top spot.

Lathered very easily on my Thater silvertip and and I really enjoyed the scent while lathering. The scent really helped elevate the shaving enjoyment.

Very good cushion and slickness, though not the best I have used. Certainly though enough that I look forward to using it again. To be fair I was using a new razor and blade combo, so it may not have been the soap.

Its possible i did did not use enough product. I loaded for about 20 seconds as during my normal routine- face lather, put brush aside for first shave, and then pick up brush and face lather a second time it seemed the product needed a bit of water and lost a bit of its performance between first and second application.

I'm certainly glad I ordered and recommended others try it also!

Ok. So I just recieved the soap today (very fast shipping), and the first thing I heard from the-woman-in-charge was that I didn't need another soap. Then we opened it to sample its fragrance. Wow. Of the many, many soaps and creams I have, this easily ties for the top spot.

Lathered very easily on my Thater silvertip and and I really enjoyed the scent while lathering. The scent really helped elevate the shaving enjoyment.

Very good cushion and slickness, though not the best I have used. Certainly though enough that I look forward to using it again. To be fair I was using a new razor and blade combo, so it may not have been the soap.

Its possible i did did not use enough product. I loaded for about 20 seconds as during my normal routine- face lather, put brush aside for first shave, and then pick up brush and face lather a second time it seemed the product needed a bit of water and lost a bit of its performance between first and second application.

I'm certainly glad I ordered and recommended others try it also!

Glad to hear it went well. Are you in the US? How long did it take to arrive?

the first thing I heard from the-woman-in-charge was that I didn't need another soap.
This is the way the show they are in charge! Do not listen to her and remember that statement the first time she goes shoes hunting! :001_cool:

though not the best I have used
Which one sits on the throne?

Its possible i did did not use enough product.
Could be, but it seems me a remote possibility because...

I loaded for about 20 seconds as during my normal routine
In my experience, it does not need so much loading: 10 turns should be enough. They are for me, at least.
In the worst situation I have to five a few more turns for the second lathering...

Top Bottom