What's new

Italian artisan NEW soap: Felce Aromatica

It is not too long a time I use this soap, especially in consideration I started shaving over half a century ago!

Browsing through the posts, I realized there are many fans of artisan soaps and Italian soaps seem to be highly reputed..

I use myself the well known here Pannacrema and the Freelander soap which is one of the best soaps I ever tried.

But, time ago, when the owner of Saponificio Varesino (which is close to the Brebbia Pipes factory) decided, as a mere skill exercise, to create a shaving soap which has no "chemicals" and is absolutely compatible with the most sensitive skin, I was very intrigued.

After some tests he got to version 4.0 which I fell in love with because not only is anti-allergic, as many soaps are, but it lathers very quickly after a few turns in the bowl to load the brush.

On top of this, it bares incredible after shave performance: the use of an aftershave is, for many, not needed.
I am one of them, but I love either the alcoholic kick or to spread something on my face!

This soap has been developed with the support of the members of my Italian Forum: so... no animal test!
Human test only! :biggrin1:

I decided to take a video of it and who's patient and tolerant enough among you, might watch a fat not-so-dressed gentleman.

The enormous round pink thing is my face!

To show how Felce Aromatica Beta 4.0 works, I used 4 different brushes and it can be seen that bristle stiffness in definitely irrelevant to load the brush.

I apologize for the duration of the video: it is my very first experience and, looking at the results, it will be probably also the last one!

I extra loaded the brushes: in reality, very few rounds are plenty enough.
I usually do face lathering, but decided to show what happens with bowl lathering and to achieve evident results I used my suribachi.

I hope you'll find it interesting even if, as a matter of fact I am not too worried about your reactions: I used a nick and hid carefully where I live. Moreover, most of you live very far away! :001_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sergio, great video!
Thank you Celestino. However we both know...
Serena was at the camera and both of us are newbies. But... it can be seen! :biggrin1:

I would never have pictured you like that! :biggrin1:
You should think before writing! :angry:
Of course I am not old and bold and fat!
I'm actually sort of a mixture between Cary Grant and Sean Connery: I felt I had to wear a mask otherwise too many girls would have been harassing me.
And, frankly, I am fed up with fans! :sneaky2:

Great video! I really like your water closet area. I hope that is the proper reference to the room. In America we typically refer to this area as the 'bathroom' whilst in our homes and 'restroom' in public areas. Of course we have a smattering of Anglo Celtic references such as the Loo, Jacks/Jax(more Irish but I use it occasionally) or Scots cludgie but I just wanted to make sure I was complimenting your room rather than the toilet itself! The sink basin, the fixtures, all of it is just wonderful. We have recently renovated our main bath/toilet area and some of the fixtures you have such as the wall mounted mirror would be a great addition. Thank you again for the video introduction to the new soap.

is the freelander soap still in production? how would you compare the two? link to freelander?
MR
Yes it is: I should get in days Freelander Rose Scent. The two other I have are Neroli and Lavender.
In short... beautiful soap and great scent, certainly among the best I tried and use.
Freelander is from Sicily and uses oil from a small (proprietary olive grove, if I am not wrong): his is sort of a "shaving fixation"!

Saponificio Varesino is an industrial high level industry, but... Alessandro, the owner, approaches shaving products (being a wet shaving addict) as a hobby, a challenge with himself to make the least aggressive to the skin yet top performer latherer.

I seriously doubt he makes money on them: he carries out some procedures himself in his leisure time!

Alas Alessandro has, at this moment, only one scent; paradisaical, but a single one :mad3:: Aromatic Fern.

However, been informed by SI (Shaving Intelligence) he's working after an AS/EDT with the same scent, a pre-shave oil and another soap scent (not to be known as of now) we all wander what it will be! :huh:

But... will let you know as soon as I know something re news!

Freelander has no e-shop: just an email which i will retrieve and pass onto you!

Great video!
Phog... you're far too kind, but both Serena (the camera girl) and I are very new at this!

I really like your water closet area. I hope that is the proper reference to the room. In America we typically refer to this area as the 'bathroom' whilst in our homes and 'restroom' in public areas.
Yes! And I've always been wondering why that name: nobody rests that way! :angry:

When you study English, here in Italy, they teach you to say essential things like "The pen is on the table", "The dog is under the table" (It seemed me that table had top importance in Anglophone countries...), "Trees are green" (I'm very old and and, at that time, before air pollution, it was true!.
However, in all my life I never pronounced that sentences. Not even in Italian!

But no one ever taught everyday life things and when just arrived in the States, the first time I had to ask where it was, they did not understand what I was looking for.
All of a sudden, the brightest present shouted "Rest room". I tried to explain I wasn't interested in resting (which can be somewhat delayed :blushing:)
But later i knew the funny way you... rest! :lol:

Of course we have a smattering of Anglo Celtic references such as the Loo, Jacks/Jax(more Irish but I use it occasionally)
or Scots cludgie
I've been hearing Loo also from some Americans, but, mainly from across the Channel! :001_smile

but I just wanted to make sure I was complimenting your room rather than the toilet itself!
When I bought this piece of an old farmers house, i gave up a second bedroom to have the bathroom I always wanted.
It's 270 sq ft: I Milan I lived in an apartment which was that big! :laugh:
It's the biggest room in my home...

The sink basin, the fixtures, all of it is just wonderful.
:blushing: Thank you. Being so old (certainly mid 1800's as first inhabitants in this place date back to 600!) I wanted something not modern of course.

Besides it's very difficult to mix new and old (Germans are top in this marriage!). But being and old gent I'm hooked to... old things: homes, cars, clothes, girls... No. Not this last one! :laugh:

the wall mounted mirror would be a great addition
. The "mirror" is a closet door which I converted into a bathroom one! I sealed the key hole with colored wax, and, watching carefully, it can be seen!
I added decorations at the corners and mounted an old closet top on... top of it! :001_cool:

Thank you really for your compliments, Phog!

Thank you again for the video introduction to the new soap.
Thank you. I am just trying to give something in exchange to the informations I had reading B&B posts: I met new soaps, I renovated my Red Tip, etc thanks to you all! :biggrin1:
And very happy with my acquired knowledge!

Last edited:
Thank you Lando! I am very glad i posted something interesting.
Style? :blushing:
I am astonished my English was understandable! :huh:

Alfredo:

Loved the video! A mutual friend of ours (bilbo72) was visiting last week and brought me this soap. I love it! The smell is great, the lather is great, nice and slick, great performer. ...I Love It!!!

Alfredo:

Loved the video! A mutual friend of ours (bilbo72) was visiting last week and brought me this soap. I love it! The smell is great, the lather is great, nice and slick, great performer. ...I Love It!!!
mutual "friend" Bilbo? I do not consort with such people! :angry:

You know what, Capt?
I just read an email from him saying he brought you the soap and... "maybe you'd see the post and comment"! :laugh:
I'm glad you liked the video. :biggrin1:
And happy to see my opinions confirmed!

Very nice video.
Thank you, RazoRock! :001_smile

Top Bottom