What's new

It lives... (AOS Gillette tech)

proxy.php

I don't think the re-issued tech is ever going to happen. The rumor has been floating around for about two years and if P&G/Gillette/AOS hasn't put it out in that time frame it isn't because they can't do it - it's because they don't want to.

It's a shame because I think a Gillette all brass reissue of a tech would sell pretty well.

BUT there may be some fear that it would eventually cut into their bread and butter. Meaning the multi blade plastic stuff with the 6000% markup.

I heard Gillette is going to bring back it's Old Type with the Bulldog handle made from brass in either nickel or gold. Can't wait.

I heard Gillette bought Williams from Combe, is reformulating it to the same recipe they used in the 1950's, and will be selling it at their AoS stores for $120.00 per puck.

It wouldn't make much sense to reissue the Tech since there are so many vintage ones available at low cost. If a Tech reissue wasn't as good as the original and vastly more expensive than vintage, P&G would be rightly mocked. Far better would be to remake something rare and expensive like a toggle. That way they could charge a few hundred dollars, make a huge profit, and we would be happy as pigs in...

Top Bottom