What's new

Is rose a masculine scent?

I will just leave this here

36.jpg

I've a poor sense of smell and find few scents are strong enough for me to enjoy. Just be happy if you can enjoy a variety of scents and forget this masculine or feminine nonsense,,!!!

Eben Stone

Staff member
I love the smell. But my girlfriend said it reminds her of her grandmother

IMO, the answer you're really interested in is right there.

Please, consider forgetting this nonsense about whether rose is masculine or not.

At the end of the day, who's feelings/opinion do you value more: Your own? Girlfriends? Pick one.

Save the rose for when your flying solo.

I would say that Habit Rouge and LV Musk, which smells a lot like HR to me, are rose scents as much as they are anything else. I do not think every man is going to like them, but to me they are both classic masculine rose scents, with complex supporting notes.

I would add Aramis 900 to the list. To me, it is very masculine, and rose plays a big part in the blend. It's always there and noticeable.

Rose can be masculine. Rose can be feminine. It depends on what else is mixed with it. Wild Rose, with an herbal/mossy vibe, seems masculine enough.

Tastes are so personal... the reply would be if you feel comfy with rose-based scents.

I've wore an EdP made of three good quality rose oils, I really liked it. But this might not be your case: so, the only option would be to buy decants, wear them and check if you like it.

On the other hand, blends by some houses can be "suffocating". As far as I can tell, Montale's scents are in this league. I tried some Lutens and found them overbearing.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I tend to avoid anything floral. Ferns, woods, spices, and dark fruits are the scents I tend to go for. Occasionally citrus, depending what else is present.

Top Bottom