What's new

Is rose a masculine scent?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm curious, because I love the smell. But my girlfriend said it reminds her of her grandmother. Is rose a man's scent or strictly for the girls?

I like the rose in Old Spice, and Rose 31 opened the door after that. I since bought a bottle of Saint Charles Shave Savory Rose, and the other day found Tea Rose by Perfumers Workshop. The Tea Rose smells like a tamed version of Savory Rose, but it's marketed strictly as a woman's fragrance. I find it would work very well with a modern suit... or am I crazy here?
The most masculine scent is sweaty arm pits. Stick with the 🥀. Absolutely lovely scent. It likely smells differently on a won than a man anyway.

Great thread. I’m looking in to getting my first rose edp. I’m currently choosing between the Rose Noir from Bytedo or the Rosai Mundi from Profumum Roma. Really like them both, different styles were I would say that the Byredo is more modern and spicy while the Profumum Roma is very classic and elegant. Hard choice. But as the original question. Yes they are both masculine fragrances.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you do not like Rose scents you more than likely like Lavender soaps and aftershaves, they are masculine in my opinion. I might have to buy a rose scent soap some day.

I love both rose and lavender. Gentle and classy. I often use Rose Water with Witch Hazel & Hyaluronic Acid spray as aftershave, works great.

Would love to try a rose fragrance sampler.
Currently i have a few rose scented soaps that ive enjoyed, but some more than others.

Is rose a manly scent? I guess that's subjective, but I can tell you that I love the scent and don't mind smelling like flowers :)

It's totally not. Anyone with Rose MDC I'll be happy to take it off your hands and restore your manhood.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I used Molton Brown Rosa Absolut EDT yesterday and posted it in the SOTD image SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 1st - June 7th, 2020 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sotd-free-week-june-1st-june-7th-2020.589476/post-10750029
That is a scent made and marketed for ladies but I love it so I wear it. What is the alternative? Not wear it because some other guys might think it is a bit girly? I would disappoint myself if I did that. Plus, my wife likes it on me which makes a change as she dislikes my other 'manly' scents. 😂

I'm curious, because I love the smell. But my girlfriend said it reminds her of her grandmother. Is rose a man's scent or strictly for the girls?

I like the rose in Old Spice, and Rose 31 opened the door after that. I since bought a bottle of Saint Charles Shave Savory Rose, and the other day found Tea Rose by Perfumers Workshop. The Tea Rose smells like a tamed version of Savory Rose, but it's marketed strictly as a woman's fragrance. I find it would work very well with a modern suit... or am I crazy here?
It's not a masculine scent. Grannies used to wear/use that. My bro gave me a rose soap.....which I re gifted to my 80yo mother who was very happy w it. I do have a rose skin toner....and I know it is not masculine. I will drown it in cologne after using it.

There are many different accents of rose that I have come across.
Some are overly feminine and some masculine/unisex.
One of my favourite rose scents is Oud Isphahan by christian Dior.
Which smells quite different to another favourite of mine: Lumiere Noire
by Maison Francs Kurkdjian.
L'air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer also has rose although you'd never know it.

I wear some women's perfumes. If Bandit was good enough for Marlene Dietrich, it's good enough for me.

1594177321485.jpeg

My favorite rose edt. Very masculine in my book.

I also like rose water for aftershave when using a floral soap. It fades fast so I don’t mind smelling like my grandmother’s soap dish for a half hour.... I like the memory.

Top Bottom