What's new

is my slim ok?

I just got a slim adj. on ebay and noticed that the blade sits slanted: lower on one side higher on the other. Is this normal for a slim? I looked at various other razors I own (none adustables) but didn't see that behavior. It looks like a slant but not as profound of a curve.

is this normal for slims?
i tested it out on my arm and it seemed to shave smoothly.

thanks in advance,

Ari

It sounds like you guard bar is bent. This is fairly common. Set the adjuster to the "1" setting and compare the askew side with the other side. If the other side looks even it is most likely correct. You can correct the "bad" side by carefully bending the bar back into alignment to match the "good" side. There are many ways to accomplish this bending. I place the corner of the guard bar that needs to be bent on the edge of a cloth covered kitchen counter and apply gentle pressure until the correct alignment is achieved.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

here is a picture of the slim on a 3 setting with a blade; see how the left is higher then the right.
so should i push the left side down (handle up) or should I push the right side up (handle down)

proxy.php
[/IMG]

here is a picture of the slim on a 3 setting with a blade; see how the left is higher then the right.
so should i push the left side down (handle up) or should I push the right side up (handle down)

Do it which ever way makes it have the same gap as on the other side. The right side will most likely be the side that needs to go up

Top Bottom