What's new

It happen today my razor fell off the counter.

My opinion: don't bother with having it repaired. Store it somewhere as a family heirloom piece and buy a new razor. That razor is 70 years old or so. It doesn't owe you anything. It served you and your father very well. Over the span of 7 decades this sort of accident was bound to happen. Accept it and move on.

My opinion: don't bother with having it repaired. Store it somewhere as a family heirloom piece and buy a new razor. That razor is 70 years old or so. It doesn't owe you anything. It served you and your father very well. Over the span of 7 decades this sort of accident was bound to happen. Accept it and move on.
I am thinking of doing that.

The problem with repairing these sorts of items is that they always lose their 'magic'. That is to say, it ain't the same razor anymore. It's a 21st century repair with possibly 21st century parts to make it work again. Same with those vintage car repair shows you sometimes see on TV. I never really understood it. I say: accept and move on.

The problem with repairing these sorts of items is that they always lose their 'magic'. That is to say, it ain't the same razor anymore. It's a 21st century repair with possibly 21st century parts to make it work again. Same with those vintage car repair shows you sometimes see on TV. I never really understood it. I say: accept and move on.
I dont think that’s BRG’s line of work. The razor parts all remain original, nothing is replaced. It’s just a tune up to fix bent parts, stuck mechanisms etc…

I’m with @Wgg2017 on this one. It would be a pity to see that razor with such a family history stocked somewhere.

I say fix it, the razor deserves that after so many years of faithful service.

And you may buy another one and use it less often too. Win win.

Assuming that the razor can be repaired, the cost of doing so will likely be in the same ballpark as buying a new adjustable razor. If it was me, I’d have the razor repaired. Of course, that leaves the issue of how to shave in the interim. A few cheap disposable razors would do the trick. Speaking from personal experience, Chris at BRG does outstanding work and deserves all the praise people have given him.
Whichever path you choose.
Happy Shaves

IMG_2018.gif

Top Bottom