What's new

$ invested in shaving kit

How much $ do you have tied up in shaving gear?

• A.) Less than $200 in razors, brushes, soaps, blades, AS

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • B.)$200 - $399 in razors, brushes, soaps, etc.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • C.) $400 - $999 invested in shaving kit

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • D.) $1000 -$2500. Enjoying it, too!

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • E.) More than $2500, maybe a lot more.

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
From 1962 till I joined Badger and Blade, shaving was not a hobby but a necessity that I enjoyed. The cost of a set up, Razor, brush etc. in those days was about $5 (about $43.00 in today's money). But since joining B&B I've acquired a bit of a collection of mostly vintage razors and brushes. I guess now I'd call it a hobby. I don't collect to find a better razor or blade to get a better shave, I found my sweet spot years ago. But collect to hold on to and pass down a bit of the past to my children. Razors like my fathers razor or a B1 Auto Strop in its silver case with the strop and blade cases is just an example of one of the razors I'd like to pass down. One day I guess I'll put the hand me downs in a draw and just go back to my old way with just one of each DE/SE set-up.

From 1962 till I joined Badger and Blade, shaving was not a hobby but a necessity that I enjoyed. The cost of a set up, Razor, brush etc. in those days was about $5 (about $43.00 in today's money). But since joining B&B I've acquired a bit of a collection of mostly vintage razors and brushes. I guess now I'd call it a hobby. I don't collect to find a better razor or blade to get a better shave, I found my sweet spot years ago. But collect to hold on to and pass down a bit of the past to my children. Razors like my fathers razor or a B1 Auto Strop in its silver case with the strop and blade cases is just an example of one of the razors I'd like to pass down. One day I guess I'll put the hand me downs in a draw and just go back to my old way with just one of each DE/SE set-up.

I hope I have someone to inherit my shaving gear one day. I have only one child, a girl. Her husband is an avid electric razor user, whom I hope to convert to traditional wet shaving one day. They have one child, a daughter. My best hope is that she will marry a young man one day whom I can get started into traditional wet shaving. Otherwise, I have no idea who might end up with my fine collection of razors, strops, hones, etc.

I hope I have someone to inherit my shaving gear one day. I have only one child, a girl. Her husband is an avid electric razor user, whom I hope to convert to traditional wet shaving one day. They have one child, a daughter. My best hope is that she will marry a young man one day whom I can get started into traditional wet shaving. Otherwise, I have no idea who might end up with my fine collection of razors, strops, hones, etc.

Sir, you can always PIF 'em here. They will be cherished. :)

B, just because of collecting. With the stuff I currently use, I would definitely be A. One razor, for the most part, (Feather Popular), one brush (Omega S10065), three soaps, a cream, one aftershave, and some blades.

What throws it off is the collecting. There are the different colorful blade tucks, but mostly the razors, mostly from thrift or antique stores. I have 19 different razors, mostly in the 5-10 dollar range, because I've enjoyed the hunt for these. I haven't bought any in quite a while. Maybe I haven't been looking carefully, or maybe I bought them all.

B, just because of collecting. With the stuff I currently use, I would definitely be A.

What throws it off is the collecting. There are the different colorful blade tucks, but mostly the razors, mostly from thrift or antique stores. I have 19 different razors, mostly in the 5-10 dollar range, because I've enjoyed the hunt for these. I haven't bought any in quite a while. Maybe I haven't been looking carefully, or maybe I bought them all.

Oh, my! I can see the newspaper headline: No More Razors; RSC Bought Em All!

What throws it off is the collecting. There are the different colorful blade tucks, but mostly the razors, mostly from thrift or antique stores. I have 19 different razors, mostly in the 5-10 dollar range, because I've enjoyed the hunt for these. I haven't bought any in quite a while. Maybe I haven't been looking carefully, or maybe I bought them all.[/QUOTE]

When I started collecting in 2014 there were plenty of razors out there in thrift/antique stores for $2-3.00 but now they are getting scarce, either someone was there ahead of you or they are over priced or in poor condition. What irks me is the bent brushes that are left in a mug with bristle down and they try to trim them and then try to sell them for $20.00 or more

Top Bottom