What's new

Introducing teamTOBS!

I received my sample of TOBS Grapefruit from Mendel (& Gillligan!) yesterday, and used it this morning. It certainly packs a big explosion of grapefruit aroma. I am a craft beer enthusiast, and this evokes the aroma of many west coast style IPA's that use hop varieties that have a big citrus character, especially varieties such as Amarillo that have a distinctive grapefruit aroma.

The lather, as expected from TOBS, was fast to form and voluminous. The shave was smooth, and the lather provided excellent lubrication and slickness. There was easily enough lather for 4 passes, but following a BBS yesterday, I just did a WTG, ATG, and touch up pass. Followed this with a warm, then cold, rinse, alum block, another cold rinse, Stirling Vetiver Witch Hazel, air dry, Proraso white pre/post shave cream, and finally Proraso after shave balm. Result was another BBS, and face feels great.

I love the TOBS Grapefruit, both the scent and the performance. It's a very refreshing lather with a wonderful cooling effect that does not rely on menthol. This is a great hot weather option. I will definitely add it to my next order of TOBS products. As a long time TOBS user, it is satisfying to see that they continue to develop new products, and maintain the performance and quality that I have come to expect.

Many thanks again to Mendel for the generous offer.

Matt

I think St. James and Eton College are similar, EC more citrusy. To my nose, Shave Shop stands by itself, hard to describe the scent other than "old school", one of my favs!
Interesting. Eton College to me is much more up front and in your face. Right now it is my favorite scent. It just rocks the house. Dying to get my sample of Grapefruit from Mendel & Gilligan. Everything that I hear about it is two thumbs up.

I am currently working my way through some TOBS samples. So far, grapefruit and Lime are my favorites.

TOBS is going to make its way into my rotation.

I don't have any dogs to post. Well known of my own. My mom did just lose one of hers. A lovely rescued min poodle who was totally sweet around people, and somewhat cantakerous to the rest of the fur-babies in the house. If she was curled up on your lap, and one of the others disturbed her nap, she'd snarl at them. Nothing aggressive, just asserting her place. This was usually an accident, as her favorite place was UNDER the blanket you were using.
$537451_10200939100104483_537888730_n.jpg

My mom has a limited idea as to her true age. They had her for 11 wonderful years. She developed mouth cancer a few months ago, and they removed part of her jaw. She succumb3ed this week.

Last edited:
I received my sample of TOBS Grapefruit from Mendel (& Gillligan!) yesterday, and used it this morning. It certainly packs a big explosion of grapefruit aroma. I am a craft beer enthusiast, and this evokes the aroma of many west coast style IPA's that use hop varieties that have a big citrus character, especially varieties such as Amarillo that have a distinctive grapefruit aroma.

THIS!!! I was trying to figure out what sense I was getting when I was using it!

Greetings from Mendel & Gilligan!

Welcome teamTOBS members!

Feeling down, depressed, having a bad day? Simply, sniff your favorite TOBS shaving cream while looking at this photo:

proxy.php

Feeling down, depressed, having a bad day? Simply, sniff your favorite TOBS shaving cream while looking at this photo:

proxy.php
Oh man great pic. Gonna pin it on Pinterest!

I shaved with the sample of Grapefruit that Mendel and Gilligan sent. Many many thanks for your generosity.

As with all TOBS products the lather is great. It had a slickness to it that was IMO a little superior to some of the other TOBS creams in my rotation. Now the scent...wow!! With winter finally leaving use I can see where this is going to be a fantastic Spring and Summer cream. I've never tried anything like this scent. I think we're all used to lemon and lime creams, but grapefruit is a citrus scent that is quite unique and very very pleasant.

Looks like I've got another tub on the "to buy" list!

I had a trip out to Executive Shaving in Glasgow today with intention of buying the Shaving Shop cream, unfortunately that is one of the creams not kept in stock. I had a sniff of the grapefruit instead which was nice. Im going to see if they will get one for me this week.

proxy.php

I see money flying out of my wallet just looking at this pic! haha

Have a tub of grapefruit and I love it! Only thing is, when it arrived it was like dried out on top, kinda hard but soft underneath. Anyone else experienced this?

Have a tub of grapefruit and I love it! Only thing is, when it arrived it was like dried out on top, kinda hard but soft underneath. Anyone else experienced this?

I just picked up the Rose and Grapefruit. Tried the Rose this morning and it was a bit dried out like you describe. Still got a great shave though and the scent was amazing. I'll be giving the Grapefruit a ride shortly!

I often stir my creams. Sometimes in shipping, especially if cold, the creams look a bit thick.

Count me in. I always have a tub of TOBS cream in my rotation. I love them all except Rose and Coconut. And the Presbyterian in me loves the price :)

Just tried Lime. Can't say I am a fan. It really doesn't smell like much anything, much less lime.

I agree with you. I think it's a great performer, but it's the only TOBS cream that I don't much like the smell of. To me, it smells like dishwasher tablets or Fairy liquid. It's not unpleasant-just not as nice as their other scents.

Just tried Lime. Can't say I am a fan. It really doesn't smell like much anything, much less lime.

If you want a fantastic lime shaving cream, Castle Forbes Lime is intoxicating and a wonderful performer. I believe they use essential oil. Other lime shave creams I have found smell too manufactured; fakey.

Did another go around with St. James this morning. Man I am really getting into this cream. It is luxurious in texture and has a subtle scent that screams "classy."

Did another go around with St. James this morning. Man I am really getting into this cream. It is luxurious in texture and has a subtle scent that screams "classy."

I agree. I can't wait to finish my tubs of Avocado and Jermyn Street so that I can order tubs of St. James and Eton College.

I picked up the Shaving Shop today and will give it a whirl in the morning. Hopefully it will be good.

$image.jpg

Top Bottom