What's new

Interesting brush tips from a famous italian barber shop

Greetings,

Probably some have seen this video from one of the most famous barber shops in Italy. I was really surprised on his suggestions on the brush type and break in care. He suggests a brush with white bristle from the boar, the end part of the boar which has white bristles. He also suggests a two and three days to keep it before in cold water.

Now I am trying to keep my omega in two days of cold water, although it doesn't have the white bristle as he suggests in the video.

What is your thought guys?

I've never seen a white bristle boar brush.

I do think that boar bristles make a great brush and get better over time. I've had my Omega boar and Semogue boar for several years and they are great brushes.

I was also hoping to hear if someone had tried a cold water soak. Maybe I’ll give it a try with my next boar.

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. I don't use any special method to break in boars. I just shave with them and let them break in gradually.

Good info.
Might try this and see as I have a Boar that I have just restored, and let you know the outcome.

As mine break in with use then you get the Wow factor when it does break in.

Well, as a beginner myself, I don' kknow what is the result. This is the output from the 2 and half day of my new omega boar brush in cold water.

What do you think guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20180112_121335.jpg
    IMG_20180112_121335.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
I don't know how to compare. :d This is my first brush ever. The lather is ok, but probably I need to use a dedicated bowl as I use a metallic cup I found home. :D :D. It's Ok, I got lather and probably I will improve with practice.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sorry, I totally disagree with the Maestro when he says that boar brushes are the sole ones great for wet shaving.

All the other tips are spot on.

Well if it feels softer then its on it's way,
I have one that wont break in so I might use that to see if I can start it off.

Just a quick update, I ended up not soaking my brush in water until Friday morning. Today is the second day, took it out of the water, swirled around a dry towel for about ten minutes and put it back in fridge until tomorrow morning.
I have to say, I have never seen a boar brush split into 3 before. This is amazing. Not sure about the feel yet since I haven’t used it yet.
Will report back once the process is complete.

Top Bottom