What's new

Info for Indianapolis area B&Bers.

This is for any B&B member in the Indianapolis area. I happen to be at the Wild Oats on 86th street in the Nora Plaza and came across a perfume shop that sells Geo F. Trumper products. I post this only because I was not aware of any place in Indianapolis that sold Trumper stuff, I thought it all had to be ordered online. The place is called Moorman’s Perfumes, and it looks like it carries most of the Trumper line: Rose, Violet, Coco Oil, Lime, Sandlewood and Almond. Prices are a bit steep at 32.50 per tub, but at least I know it's sold locally and where to send my parents for birthday and Christmas ideas :thumbup1:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Boogie...Right next to the Target right? I was there a few weeks ago...nice little shop...$42.50 for Trumper Soaps in wooden bowls I believe...ouch! Still a nice place to check out some obscure lines as well...many English products and a few average badger brushes and Mach 3 type "fancy" razors.

Yep, that's the one. I was at Wild Oats on Sunday, and was walking over to Target and happen to walk past the shop, but they were closed. So I called this this morning to get info on what all they carried. It is a bit pricey, but I like knowing that if a Trumper jag hits, and I have to have it right away, I know where I can go.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Bob...You've made an excellent point. The ability to see and smell the products, compare the contents as to thickness etc is very valuable. If I lived closer, ( Indy is 1 1/2 hours from my farm in the sticks) I would drop by occassionally because they may drastically reduce prices or discontinue a line of products that might prove to be a worthwhile situation.

Neat, not too far from me (Fishers) really. Need to use up some of my stuff I have right now, but I'll try to remember them in a couple months. I guess they carry aftershaves and skinfoods too?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Perry..they have complete lines of many British Shaving products...a real candystore..high priced candystore but Boogie has the right idea..a nice place to drop a name to relatives looking for something to buy for you..maybe they would consider a Registry of items a shaver would want..I might suggest it to them...that way you get the stuff you really want..

That's west of Meridian, right?

I'm up in Fort Wayne, but I go to Indy enough to check that out sometime.

I believe that's correct. I don't often get to the Nora area myself, but I usually go west on 86th st. through Castleton and past Keystone at the Crossing, but now that I think about it I'm not sure if I cross over Meridian or not. If you happen to know where the Nora Cafe, or the Nora Target and Wild Oats are they that's the shopping center.

Just a quick update. I found some time to try this shop out. THey have a very extensive line of the Trumper products in the creams and soaps. They also carry a few Crabtree & Evelyn creams (Nomad and Sienna I think). And some Casewell Massey. They had a French brand, but I can't remember the name. They also had quite a selection of brushes. Some from Edwin Jagger, and some from Crabtree & Evelyn and Muhle-Pinsel. They also had a few DE razors and one nice looking Solengen straight. The shop is on the pricey side, but good to know it's there.

I thought they legally changed the name of Fishers to Fischwaze a few years ago......Old Fishers was the last place I lived in Indiana before moving South.....LOL...most of the time I wish I was still in Indiana !!! 'cept'n Winter

+1 on Shapiro's

I'm also curious about the colognes and aftershave line, if you have a chance to check. Although I try to avoid the 86th St. area, I do still get up there from time to time, so I might check it out.

Any other stores with shaving supplies like this in the Indianapolis area?

Mike is correct, Nordstrom’s at the downtown Circle City Mall has a nice selection of T&H creams and colognes. As well as Art of Shaving stuff and Jack Black products.

At the Fashion Mall at Keystone the Saks Fifth Ave. store has a nice selection of Castle Forbs creams, and Art of Shaving. They also have a few other brands like Zirh and Jack Black that I was able to score some samples of.

These two stores, and that Moorman’s Perfumes are the only places in town that I know about.

Does this place have Trumper's Colognes as well or only creams/soaps?

You know what, I’m not sure. I didn’t even think to look. I was just impressed that my town had anyplace that carried this stuff. I know they had about the entire line of Trumper soaps, but not sure on the colognes. Sorry.

Nordstrom ...downtown Circle Center Mall....Truefitt & Hill available...Then stop at Shapiro's for lunch down Meridian

Indeed, Shapiro's is a must. I'm lucky that I work downtown, I get to hit Shapiro's for lunch anytime I want. And that place is fantastic.

Top Bottom