What's new

The "I Lurvz My B&B!" March 2012 Fundraiser

Congrats to the winners! Also, thanks to everyone who put on this fundraiser. You guys exemplify what makes this such a wonderful community.

Congratulations to the winners. And in keeping with the rulz that stated no whining or bellyaching, I will now shut up. Well except to say, thanks to all who contributed, all who donated prizes and all who worked to make this such a successful venture. You guys are all great.

Congratulations to the winners. And in keeping with the rulz that stated no whining or bellyaching, I will now shut up. Well except to say, thanks to all who contributed, all who donated prizes and all who worked to make this such a successful venture. You guys are all great.

+1

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
My Swag in the prize pool is going out to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners today. Enjoy, all of you

Thank you Georg. This has been a humbling experience for me - amazing prizes.

I have wanted to give to your Active Duty PIFs in the past but now I have more reason to. Contact me or I'll contact you. BTW, my Wife belongs to a local non-profit that is planning to send "care packages" to deployed Active Duty personnel. Maybe we can compare lists so I can direct them as to what our in-uniform folks actually need?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Larry (thatsilverguy) you have a Dovo Ebony Scaled Straight Carbon Steel and a Chubby3 Super (at least I tthink that's what I sent). The Dovo is not quite shave ready. You may want to send it to an expert to have it cleaned up and rehoned.

After an inexcusable delay on my part, today I did mail my share of the swag to the winners.

Don't forget to post pics of your winnings when they arrive!

I haven't taken any pics yet but items have showed up over the last couple days. I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa... or in this case the mail man!

Here's my lot! I haven't even scratched the surface yet.... But of the items I have used:

C&E BBB: This brush is much better than my EJ BBB in small. I could honestly go for a brush just slightly smaller, but the C&E brush holds way more water and is much softer than my EJ BBB. I thought it odd as they are both made by EJ and are susposedly the same grade hair. These are my only experiences in badger hair so far (other than the wee scot that I have only made a test lather with so far)

QCS Key Lime soap: What a suburb lather! I used this soap for the 2nd time today and got an excellent shave!

Neutrogena Men Razor Defense AS: I've only used this once, but I think it edges out the Nivea Sensitive ASB.

Palmolive stick: I got a very nice shave with this soap. I did get some mild irritation though so I ground it into a pyrex container. I'm going to try it as a regular soap as I have only ever used 2 different shave sticks and both gave me irritation. I want to find out if my skin is sensitive to the soap or to direct application to my face.

Anyway, here's a pic:
proxy.php

and one of my shave den:
proxy.php

Top Bottom