What's new

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Razorock Game Changer .68/.84? (Poll)

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Game Changer .68/.84?

• Total voters
Hello. I have the 6S, GC .68 SB and .84 SB. I have to say that I am not a fan of the exposed tabs on the 6S. My habit is to use the .84 after a weekend of no shaving and the .68 for the remainder of the week. I recently ordered the OC and JAWS plates for the .68, thinking I may be able to use one of these options instead of the .84 SB plate, after going a few days without shaving. I might suggest opting for the 6C if you're still on the fence so you can decide if the adjustable blades are of value to you without spending the extra cash for the 6S. I would definitely grab either the GC .68 or GC .84, though. The .68 option of the GC is probably the safer bet unless you know that you like the extra efficiency up front. Put another way, in hind sight, if I could only purchase one, I would grab the GC .68, given my beard and skin sensitivity.

Last edited:
Hello. I have the 6S, GC .68 SB and .84 SB. I have to say that I am not a fan of the exposed tabs on the 6S. My habit is to use the .84 after a weekend of no shaving and the .68 for the remainder of the week. I recently ordered the OC and JAWS plates for the .68, thinking I may be able to use one of these options instead of the .84 SB plate, after going a few days without shaving. I might suggest opting for the 6C if you're still on the fence so you can decide if the adjustable blades are of value to you without spending the extra cash for the 6S. I would definitely grab either the GC .68 or GC .84, though. The .68 option of the GC is probably the safer bet unless you know that you like the extra efficiency up front. Put another way, in hind sight, if I could only purchase one, I would grab the GC .68, given my beard and skin sensitivity.
I recently had my first shave with the .68OC and I know you won’t be disappointed. I have not used my .84SB and I’m looking forward to trying it out. My review for the OC Game Changer 068 Open Comb - Reviews - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/reviews/game-changer-068-open-comb.211716/reviews#item-review-21500

Hello. Very nice review. Thank you. I am anxious to give the new plates I ordered a try once they arrive.
I should have added earlier that I do have a 6s but since I got the Mamba70 and the .68OC the GC‘s are in another world of smooth. The Rockwell is a fine razor but it is not that smooth.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have the GC with four plates, and the 6S. The GC wins. No contest. The Rockwell is so big and clunky that it’s no fun to use regardless of how well it shaves. The GC 84 is simply a wonderful shaver and looks great too.

Gamechanger all the way. I also agree with 84 Sb and addition OC/JAWS plate. 84 paired with a variety of blades probably has the best overall coverage of the aggression and efficiency ranges. My personal reason for not going with the Rockwell is that their mild 1/2 plates are really too mild for any actual benefit for my use. But as always YMMV.

GC .84 always and forever. My opinion is that blade feel is a lousy sensation. Can't feel the blade on the .84. It is perfect.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I would recommend 6S to all friends who want to get wet shaving, it brings me great comfort and choice.

As for myself, I am absolutely happy to own gamechanger 84sb+68oc plates. It is difficult to find a quality comparable to it in this price range.
If you want to improve efficiency and don't like the columns on the base plate, then lupo ss will be the perfect choice.

I used the Rockwell 6S for a good, long time. I bought the GC .84 for my wife. She couldn't get on with the Karve SB C I had bought for her. She loves the GC.

I finally tried it. OMG, I must have one. Smoother and closer that the Rockwell. No contest for me. Now I am torn between buying a GC 84 or a Lupo 95.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I have the 6S and Game Changer .68, and they are my top two razors. I find the 6S with a 3 plate delivers the smoother, longer lasting shave. But I also use more pressure than most. My theory is that this pressure mixes well with the 6S negative exposure, bending the skin into the gap in a convex manner, allowing the blade to cut below the skin surface.

But that’s me. The consensus in this thread favors the GC.

In order of what I'd reach for (have 6S, GC-84P and GC-68OC)...

1) GC 68 OC
2) 6S
3) GC 84-P

In reality, the 68-OC gets some use and the other two don't... Head to head the 84-P was more efficient but less comfortable than the 68-OC.

The 6S just feels bulky and inelegant to me, it shaves well but just doesn't appeal to me to pick up.

I own all three, and used the 6C for over one year and upgraded to the 6S and I am very happy with it. I bought the GC .68-P a little over a week ago and absolutely love it. So I guess I love both the Rockwell 6S, and the GC as well. They are different and each has their place, and I wouldn't get rid of either. The rest of my razors are now in storage containers.😀
I'm also going to add the .68 open comb base plate soon, very happy they came out with that.
What plate do you like best on Rockwell 6S?

I refrained from voting because I’ve never used a GC. But I have had a 6s and currently have a Lupo 72 and between the two, I take the Lupo, no contest. I liked the 6s plate 5 but the bulkiness of the head is a drawback. I didn’t even notice until I got the Lupo. After a few shaves with it, I sold the Rockwell.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Now I am torn between buying a GC 84 or a Lupo 95.
SB and OC matter a lot in this regard, the .84P is very nice, the .84 OC/JAWS can be quite harsh. The Lupo .95 OC is my personal favorite, it isn't overly aggressive. For a mild and easy shave the Game Changer wins though. Needs often a bit more buffing when you go for absolute perfection, though.
The Game Changer .84 P / SB version is a safe bet, IMO. You might also like the Yaqi Sentinel, a very mild razor despite a huge gap. Just read more on this forum and you will buy them all, plus an Athena or Ares, Green Cult etc....

I know, I am not helping. :)

Top Bottom