What's new

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Razorock Game Changer .68/.84? (Poll)

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Game Changer .68/.84?

• Total voters

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I'd generally agree with that, as I do tend to just use the R5 plate myself as part of a normal routine. But I do like having the options. Right now, for example, I'm focusing on mild, gentle shaves after a couple days when I had too much irritation, so tomorrow I'm opting for the R3 plate to give a really comfortable shave. Sometimes you just want something more or less aggressive, and I like that the Rockwell can cover a range.

And I'd completely agree with that. I think it is a great adjustable system, I find that I prefer 3 piece razors over TTOs so it is ideal for me. So I am glad I am not in OP electric65's position and have both. There is a lot to be said for being able to dial it down. All that being said if I lived in some strange universe where I could only choose one I'd go with the GC.68.

And I'd completely agree with that. I think it is a great adjustable system, I find that I prefer 3 piece razors over TTOs so it is ideal for me. So I am glad I am not in OP electric65's position and have both. There is a lot to be said for being able to dial it down. All that being said if I lived in some strange universe where I could only choose one I'd go with the GC.68.

I couldn't live in that universe, I'd get indecision paralysis!

Well, the overwhelming GC landslide in the poll convinced me. Just placed an order for the .68 w/ the Super Knurl handle and a .68 OC base plate. Will also order the .84 base plate once it's back in stock!

How do they compare to the new all stainless Edwin Jagger 316 ?
I have a regular Edwin Jagger and couldn’t be happier.

The difference is day and night. They are not the same in any way. If you are 'couldn't be happier' with the regular EJ but fancy trying something different, I would suggest...

Merkur 37C. Smooth and comfortable like the EJ, and gets the job done.

Gillette or 7 O'clock Flat Bottom NEW. Smooth and comfortable like the EJ but more efficient.
The Flat Bottom feels like a Tech's bigger brother. Awesome shaver.

I’ve had both. Three, actually. I did not like the Rockwell 6C. The GC84 I found to be too aggressive. The GC68 is the best razor I’ve ever tried and is what I use exclusively.

My GC (I had the 0.68) was beautifully constructed and made to exacting tolerances which put my 6S to shame - in fact my 6S initially had an alignment problem which needed a replacement cap to fix. Nevertheless, once I'd got a few shaves under my belt with the 6S I strongly preferred it to the GC; the weight and balance of the 6S felt better, I preferred the finish on the cap, and plate R3 was and still is my Goldilocks setting. I'd equate the 0.68 to R4; some days it was just a little too keen for my needs and technique level.

Add to that the ability to go up or down the aggression/efficiency ladder on a whim and.. well, it's a surprisingly easy win for the 6S as far as I'm concerned.

Have the 6S and a GC .84. Both are excellent razors. The finish on the 6S bugs me a little bit because it is not smooth and seems to drag just a bit across the face. Not a deal-breaker, but something that I do not like about the 6S.

Have the 6S and a GC .84. Both are excellent razors. The finish on the 6S bugs me a little bit because it is not smooth and seems to drag just a bit across the face. Not a deal-breaker, but something that I do not like about the 6S.

I wonder if it's possible to hand-polish the 6S so that it's smoother. I just returned my 6C, which was oh-so-smooth, for the 6S because the chrome on one of my plates started flaking. I would love for the 6S to be smooth like the 6C.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I have the Rockwell 6C and 6S, and recently purchased the Game Changer .68-P.
I can't choose one over the other except that I like the 6S more than the 6C, but between the 6S and GC I simply use and love them both.
By the way, I'll be adding the .68 OC soon as well.
They are different, and all have their advantages, and together give me more tools for different situations. I also like to use different blades for the same reason, as well as soaps and creams. So it's impossible to say which I prefer over the other. Well at least I've narrowed things down quite a bit, and the rest of my razors I've put in storage tubs now.😀

Received my GC .68 SB + .68 OC yesterday and gave the .68 SB a shave this morning.

Could have been just getting used to a new DE, but it felt like I was fighting the razor a bit to actually get everything cleanly shaved, coming from my previous Parker 24C (which is an OC). Final result was great, with no nicks, just felt like it took more work to get there.

Going to try out the .68 OC tomorrow morning to see how that shaves in comparison, but this has left me wondering if I should have gotten the .68 JAWS (or even skipped .68 altogether for the .84)

I've been using a Rockwell 6S almost exclusively for over a year. I pretty much shave daily with plates 3 or 4. I recently ordered the .84 GameChanger SB and shaved with it for the first time this morning... Very impressed. I need to get a week or so under my belt to reach a verdict but the GC is definitely on par with the 6S.

I found the Rockwell 6S a little on the mild side. The cap riding ability ATG on my neck more than made up for that though.

The Gamechangers... I wanted to love them, still do, but can't get past a feeling of ... "Meh". Efficient enough shave. Doesn't blow me away.

Top Bottom