What's new

RR GC .84 vs Rockwell 6S #3

I switched over to a RR Game Changer with the .84 base plate. The overall profile is slimmer, the knurling more aggressive, and easier to manipulate around my nose and upper lip compared to my Rockwell setup with the #3 baseplate. I'm certain that a #4 baseplate on the Rockwell would give me just as close a shave as my RR but I prefer the overall slimmer profile and the more aggressive knurling of the RR compared to the Rockwell. And both DE razors are of highest quality.

Also I am recovering from severe bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome and surgery and the smaller/slimmer size of the RR is much easier to handle with my condition. I am a 68 year old man with the complexion of a 16 year old boy/girl. Yeah, genetics.

The overall shave with the RR is BBS and the Rockwell #3 DFS. The comparison is totally unfair since I haven't used the #4 baseplate with the Rockwell.

Last edited:
I have both razors. Since I purchased the GC .84, the Rockwell has been idle for almost a year. The Rockwell is a great razor for people who are new to this hobby/lifestyle. But once your razor inventory grows, you will find other personal favorites.

With the increased aggressiveness on the RR GC compared to the Rockwell, I am compelled to shave slower to avoid nicks/cuts around the chin area. It has more blade exposure imho than the Rockwell. If anything the Rockwell will give me the occasional weeper but with the RR GC, I've experienced a cut requiring the styptic. I'll take my time using it.

I have both - the RR GC with the .84 baseplate and the Rockwell 6S. IMO, base 4 on the Rockwell shaves similarly to the RR GC.

I had a wedding on Saturday, so needed to get a good, close shave. I had two days growth and used the Game Changer with a fresh Gillette Silver Blue blade. Lathered up with some Proraso Blue cream. What a great shave! I was rubbing my face at 6:00 o'clock and hardly felt ant stubble (I shaved in the AM).

Both are excellent razors!

I switched over to a RR Game Changer with the .84 base plate. The overall profile is slimmer, the knurling more aggressive, and easier to manipulate around my nose and upper lip compared to my Rockwell setup with the #3 baseplate. I'm certain that a #4 baseplate on the Rockwell would give me just as close a shave as my RR but I prefer the overall slimmer profile and the more aggressive knurling of the RR compared to the Rockwell. And both DE razors are of highest quality.

Also I am recovering from severe bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome and surgery and the smaller/slimmer size of the RR is much easier to handle with my condition. I am a 68 year old man with the complexion of a 16 year old boy/girl. Yeah, genetics.

The overall shave with the RR is BBS and the Rockwell #3 DFS. The comparison is totally unfair since I haven't used the #4 baseplate with the Rockwell.

Great comparison!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom