What's new

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Razorock Game Changer .68/.84? (Poll)

If you've used both: Rockwell 6S/C vs Game Changer .68/.84?

• Total voters
For those that have used both: If you had to choose one, do you prefer the Rockwell 6S/C or Razorock Game Changer .68/.84? Assume you're buying both plates for the GC so the price ends up about the same.

Looking to upgrade from my beginner Parker 24C to one of the above..

Most obvious differences I've seen are:
Rockwell: 4 extra levels of adjustment, but bulky head and top cap doesn't cover blade side tabs (good or bad depending on your POV)
Razorock: Slimmer head for better maneuverability, top cap covers blade side tabs, tighter tolerances due to CNC?, but only two levels of adjustment (.68 and .84 - I guess you could add the open comb versions in for more levels, but that also adds to cost)

I had the 6C, the GC .68, .84 and .84 OC. I sold the 6C and the GC .68. As you mentioned, the Rockwell has a bulky head that I found cumbersome, although it provided smooth, comfortable shaves. The GC .68 was just a bit too mild for my tastes, but both the safety bar and open comb .84 are among my favorite safety razors.

Tried all of the above and the one that worked best for me was the Rockwell 6c. However, it had a plating bubbling problem so it went back. 6s shaved rough for me. Game Changer .68 took too much buffing to get a DFS and I could only shave 4 days in a row with the .84 before I got irritation. Am now a happy owner of the Occam's Safety Razor.

I have a 6c and a GC 84. The 6c is only usable for me on plate 5 or 6. The GC is much more maneuverable and, as a head shaver, I prefer covered tabs. My complaint on the GC is loading a blade. They built it upside-down.

Yep, I'm always scared those damn tabs will catch on my ears. Which GC version do you use - I'm guessing .84 if you like the Rockwell on plate 5/6? Do you use the SB, OC or JAWS version?

I haven’t tried the 6S/C but had both the .68P and .84P Game Changer and sold both. The .84 was too harsh for me as a daily razor and the .68 was just okay and wasn’t any better than my .68SB Timeless Ti. Just my $.02 worth.

D

dangerousrazor

I've tried Rockwell 6s, Razorock.68 and .84. My favorite pick is Gamechanger .84 but you cant go wrong in either of them. Both of them are great razors.

I've tried Rockwell 6s, Razorock.68 and .84. My favorite pick is Gamechanger .84 but you cant go wrong in either of them. Both of them are great razors.

How often did you shave with the .84? I keep reading some folks have irritation issues shaving daily with the .84

Gamechanger all the way. I also agree with 84 Sb and addition OC/JAWS plate. 84 paired with a variety of blades probably has the best overall coverage of the aggression and efficiency ranges. My personal reason for not going with the Rockwell is that their mild 1/2 plates are really too mild for any actual benefit for my use. But as always YMMV.

Yep, I'm always scared those damn tabs will catch on my ears. Which GC version do you use - I'm guessing .84 if you like the Rockwell on plate 5/6? Do you use the SB, OC or JAWS version?
I have the 84 SB, I'm a moderate fan of OC razors, but prefer SB more often than not.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I own all three, and used the 6C for over one year and upgraded to the 6S and I am very happy with it. I bought the GC .68-P a little over a week ago and absolutely love it. So I guess I love both the Rockwell 6S, and the GC as well. They are different and each has their place, and I wouldn't get rid of either. The rest of my razors are now in storage containers.😀
I'm also going to add the .68 open comb base plate soon, very happy they came out with that.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I have both the Game Changer .68 and the Rockwell 6c. For me the Game Changer wins, but not by a landslide. I typically use the 6c with the #4 plate. I sport a goatee so I don't need to worry about under the nose maneuverability. I think most Rockwell users settle into one plate so that kind of eliminates the usefulness of the "adjustable" aspect. I would agree that the 1 & 2 plates are too mild. The Game Changer for me gives a better shave.

I had and then sold a 6C. I currently have a .68 and an .84 CC, OC, and Jaws. I haven’t used either open comb yet, but the .84 has outperformed the 6C and .68. It is both smooth and efficient to an extent I was never able to achieve with the others. The head is also slightly less bulky than the 6C.

If ROckwell offered a 7 and 8 plate I think they could be more competitive. I found my sweet spot with a 6S to be plate 5. Which as far as blade gap and shave experience was close to what a GC68 was for me. The GC84 surpasses the gap of the 6plate, so as far as I see it, is capable of handling longer stubble than the Rockwell. The gamechanger being a polished steel with a variety of handle styles is another pain over the Rockwell at $99 compared to RR at $56.

How do they compare to the new all stainless Edwin Jagger 316 ?
I have a regular Edwin Jagger and couldn’t be happier.

How do they compare to the new all stainless Edwin Jagger 316 ?
I have a regular Edwin Jagger and couldn’t be happier.

I've never used an EJ DE89, but by all accounts the 3one6 is notably more aggressive than that razor. I couldn't shave with it every day; I do find I get great, really close shaves with it riding the cap more. The Rockwell is known for its smoothness, and I do find it a much smoother shaver (in terms of comfort) than the 3one6. Haven't used my GC 84 in a while, but I remember it being quite smooth as well.

I think most Rockwell users settle into one plate so that kind of eliminates the usefulness of the "adjustable" aspect.

I'd generally agree with that, as I do tend to just use the R5 plate myself as part of a normal routine. But I do like having the options. Right now, for example, I'm focusing on mild, gentle shaves after a couple days when I had too much irritation, so tomorrow I'm opting for the R3 plate to give a really comfortable shave. Sometimes you just want something more or less aggressive, and I like that the Rockwell can cover a range.

Top Bottom