What's new

If you had to choose only one razor from your collection, what would it be?

It would have to be my Rocket HD. I regret selling my backup Rocket a few months ago for a very low price along with my Gillette Aristocrat.
I'm trying to find a replacement but the prices are not in my budget.

I am holding on to the only Rocket I have left, it's just the perfect size and weight along with the blade gap.

I chose this one

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

From the razors you mentioned in the beginning of this thread, the 76 SS would be my choice BUT you didn't say what "chepo" DEs you have. If you have a Weishi 9306, that would be my choice if I was traveling for a long period. The Weishi gives me a good consistent performance and if it gets lost or damaged, it is cheap and easy to replace. Just my 2 cents. You say you are being deployed, so I assume you are in the military. Thanks for your service!

If we're talking vintage, probably my New Standard:

proxy.php

If we're talking modern, my Mühle R41 on an Ikon Tuckaway handle:

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Hi,

Fasan Red Dot DoubleSlant w/metal cap and my replated and shot loaded (for balance) and replated (rhodium) New Husky Bar Handle. In other words my daily driver since January 2014.

Stan

Hi,

Fasan Red Dot DoubleSlant w/metal cap and my replated and shot loaded (for balance) and replated (rhodium) New Husky Bar Handle. In other words my daily driver since January 2014.

Stan
What's the weight of the handle so loaded? Those bar handles ridiculously lightweight paired with the New head.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Have to change my mind again.
Been using my Rockwell 6s almost exclusively the last 1.5 month.
It's really all I need, simply excellent once you get used to it.
Once I order and get my next modern razor, a Timeless bronze, I will probably change my mind again :D

What's the weight of the handle so loaded? Those bar handles ridiculously lightweight paired with the New head.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi,

I don't really know as I never weighed it. And, now I can't find the little scale out in the kitchen....

What Fasan did was make the entire thing out of bakelite, handle and all. But some were made with a Zamak head. That was loads heavier and I had to do something. I had that bar handle I had plated when I was doing something else. And some number 8 lead shot. So I added shot a bit at a time until I felt a good balance. Then, a little epoxy dribbled down the throat to hold the shot in place and I called it done.

Anyway, I like this razor better than all the others between 1976 and 2014, so that'd be my choice.

Stan

Tough choice....
Slim Adjustable #1
Merkur 38c as a very close second.

If I could combine the positive attributes of both of the above into one razor I’d be in heaven. ;)

Top Bottom