What's new

If you had to choose only one razor from your collection, what would it be?

I've been trimming my collection down since I kicked RAD. (Who am I kidding? it's just in remission.)

I'd probably say the Feather Popular. I can get a perfect shave with it, but it's also mild enough to where a five-minute, one-pass, snicker-snack gets the job done.

The Fatip Piccolo requires too much care to tolerate a rushed shave, the GEMs (Damaskeen, Junior Lather-Catcher, and Clog-Pruf) and the Injector simply require more than pass.

Earlier I said my '55 Red Tip but I've got a '59 Fatboy inbound so my answer might change soon. Saw some beautiful Executives on ebay that I'd trade my meager collection for.
Jack

ATT Kronos H1 without hesitation. It’s been my go-to for the past 3 years. In fact I’ve used it about 98% of the time since I got it in early Jan 2015.

Unlike Jdogg, who has to just choose one razor for deployment, I don't have to choose only one favorite.

My favorite razors are (in no particular order):

Weber PH
Merkur 34C
IB/Maggard DE89 clones
G3 Fatboy (Birth Year razor, gift from wife)
Gillette NEW (Long comb)
Pearl/RR/Cadet Open comb

Wishing Jdogg - a great deployment.

Didn’t realize for deployment.

If a real deal shooter, would as the French accomodate the Legionairres with food, take the absolute best available. When any day may be your last, deserve nothing but best. For me is LASSC BBS1.

If admin, would take a good travel razor in case lost, easily replaced. Merkur 46c is nice

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am not sure I could do it. I have not yet found that one perfect razor. Everything is a compromise to some small degree. One may shave better with one or two days growth. One may shave better with 5 plus days growth. One may shave awesme on a Tuesday, then that same setup will suck on a Thursday. I can't narrow it down yet, and I've been trying for years. If I had to pick right now it would be a 3 piece RFB with a Weber Classic stainless handle. But I wouldn't be happy with just one at this point in my shaving career.

I have to many Vintage and modern Razors to pick just one. There are to many I like for shave quality and some are collectible and have a special story behind them so not possible to pick one and I’ve thought about it every time I see this thread.

Edwin Jagger DE3D14BL with Astra SP blades. The Feather blade are just to agressive in this head for me. Now second would be my Merkur 38C HD with Feather blades. My EJ just gets closer for me but YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Probably my ATT SE2, or maybe the ATT SE1.

Now that I have the SE1 baseplate to go along with my SE2 baseplate, cap, and handle, I essentially have all the options in the SE razor. That means I have problem - the world's smallest problem - of deciding which baseplate I like better.

I'm only into the SE1 with one shave, but I like it. I also like the SE2 a lot. It's too early in the game with either of these baseplates, especially the SE1, for me to be sure, but, if I had to guess right now I'd guess I'm maybe going to like the SE1 baseplate a bit more than the SE2 baseplate.

Are some people picking the 6s or the 6c? In that case, we should be able to pick the ATT SE, and have a choice of the SE1 baseplate and the SE2 baseplate. Only fair, right?

So, if I had to choose only one razor from the ones I own, it would be the ATT SE.

Problem solved!

Happy shaves,

Jim

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just bought an Edwin Jagger DE and I’m really into it right now but I don’t believe I could ever give up my ‘54 SS.

Something about a nice vintage razor. My earlier choice was a '55 Red Tip but, DE-wise, I'd have to go with my '59 Fatboy. Choosing a straight would be tougher, I've got a couple of nice vintage razors and a family heirloom from my step-dad that once belonged to his grandfather. Heirloom aside, my Red Imp gives the best shaves.

Shake Sharp v1.0
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Shake Sharp v1.0
proxy.php

I completely forgot about the Shake Sharp, I actually have 2, the gold with bakelite handle version and the nickel plated version. The bakelite version is definitely my favorite. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to get mine out and give it a spin.

I completely forgot about the Shake Sharp, I actually have 2, the gold with bakelite handle version and the nickel plated version. The bakelite version is definitely my favorite. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to get mine out and give it a spin.
There are actually two Bakelite models, the original with the removable cap (1.0), and the transitional (model 1.5) with the hinged cap and modified head shared with the later non-Bakelite models. Stack two blades in the model 1.0 for an incredible shave (not kidding).

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom