What's new

If you had to choose only one razor from your collection, what would it be?

Old Type, though I'm not going to fly with it so long as they don't allow DE blades in carry on bags. Yes, most large drug stores or supermarkets in the US sell a 5-blade pack for $6 or $7, but I can't be bothered. Sorry. ;-)

Shave quality, balance, and looks all combine to make the happy shave experience for me when using the pre-war Gillette Aristocrat.

Of the 7 I own, the easy answer is the EJ DE89. I can count on a close comfortable shave every time. I get closer shaves from some of the others, particularly my Fatip open comb or Merkur slant, but always at the risk of irritation or ingrown hairs. At those times I now switch back to the DE89 or my Feather AS-D1. I wouldn't want to have to use my Fatip or my slant everyday.

I can get a great shave from all my razors. My very best shaves are with my BBS-1, so that would be my choice.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yes indeed! If I could only have one razor, that would be The One.

Some things can only be truly appreciated when held and used. I've never even held one, but I understand.

You've never used one, but it would be *The One!*

You should spring for one on ebay. Sell your Fatip and a gun.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blasphemy!

'Cold dead fingers' comes to mind, on both counts! lol

I was assuming you have a few you wouldn't mind selling (guns I mean). Heck, I've got a few I've never even fired; of course, that doesn't mean I would get rid of all of those, or any of them, but I might if there was a dream razor I wanted as badly as you want *The One.*

upload_2017-12-31_10-35-46.png

The picture is so you can drool on your keyboard again.

As you're drooling think about this.

Aristocrat or Fatip.jpg

This was your post...

If I could only have one razor, that would be The One.

Hey, I'm not coming to take your guns. You live in Canada so you have enough people after the fire-sticks.

You did say the razor would be *The One!*

Maybe it should be *The One Next To The Other One!*

Just messing with you. You can have them all, but there are always choices to be made, right.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I wont talk about hunting salmon with slugs other than saying its a good way to get very wet lol.

Top Bottom