What's new

If you had a $125 to spend on a badger what would you get?

I'd go pick my favorite resin handle at Elite Razor and one of the Manchurian or High Mountain White knots. Bob's knots aren't super high density like some of the other off the shelf options, but they are soft and perform well.

Update, I ended up going with the 2022 RudyVey contributor brush first. Spent a bit more than the $125 mark I set out to hit initially, but that’s alright because this brush is awesome!! Thank you everyone for all the amazing and helpful recommendations and reviews of different brushes. Maybe later in the year or next year I’ll have to pull the trigger on one of y’all’s recommendations! Thanks again everyone!
6C1DE08A-1E67-4943-B062-7B57FFCAB149.jpeg
5D51426E-9BEA-4AAF-A480-44AA19EC5C0A.jpeg
2FF32059-F264-4ADF-8CEA-372F901BCADA.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Update, I ended up going with the 2022 RudyVey contributor brush first. Spent a bit more than the $125 mark I set out to hit initially, but that’s alright because this brush is awesome!! Thank you everyone for all the amazing and helpful recommendations and reviews of different brushes. Maybe later in the year or next year I’ll have to pull the trigger on one of y’all’s recommendations! Thanks again everyone!View attachment 1417090View attachment 1417088View attachment 1417091

Very nice! Enjoy your new brush in good health 👍

Update, I ended up going with the 2022 RudyVey contributor brush first. Spent a bit more than the $125 mark I set out to hit initially, but that’s alright because this brush is awesome!! Thank you everyone for all the amazing and helpful recommendations and reviews of different brushes. Maybe later in the year or next year I’ll have to pull the trigger on one of y’all’s recommendations! Thanks again everyone!View attachment 1417090View attachment 1417088View attachment 1417091
Looks awesome!
The knot is a Shavemac 2 Band silvertip?

Have some great shaves with it!

Good choice! That’s a top shelf brush.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Update, I ended up going with the 2022 RudyVey contributor brush first. Spent a bit more than the $125 mark I set out to hit initially, but that’s alright because this brush is awesome!! Thank you everyone for all the amazing and helpful recommendations and reviews of different brushes. Maybe later in the year or next year I’ll have to pull the trigger on one of y’all’s recommendations! Thanks again everyone!

What is the knot? Knot size?

Nice looking brush. I'd guess it's a really good knot, but what is it?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Looks awesome!
The knot is a Shavemac 2 Band silvertip?

Have some great shaves with it!
Thank you kindly!
Good choice! That’s a top shelf brush.
Much appreciated!
What is the knot? Knot size?

Nice looking brush. I'd guess it's a really good knot, but what is it?

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you thank you! Also, based on your recommendations the Zenith Manchurian is high up on my list for my next purchase. It’ll either be my next brush or the one after.
Shavemac two-band silvertip fan, 26 mm knot
Thank you Rudy! It’s an honor to finally have one of your brushes! I will for sure be reaching out in the future for another! Thank you sir!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thank you kindly!

Much appreciated!

Thank you thank you! Also, based on your recommendations the Zenith Manchurian is high up on my list for my next purchase. It’ll either be my next brush or the one after.

Thank you Rudy! It’s an honor to finally have one of your brushes! I will for sure be reaching out in the future for another! Thank you sir!

That should be a really great brush.

1-13-22.Muramasa.CK-6.RudyVey.Shavemac2Band.640JPG.JPG

11-12-21.WR2.1.35.SS-NIL.Shavemac.640.JPG

Both of these are Shavemac two band silvertip knots. The one on the left is in a Rudy Vey handle. On the right, a Shavemac handle. Both are favorites.

The Rudy Vey is, I think, the same size knot as yours. The Shavemac is larger, and it was specially ordered in an extra dense version.

You're going to love yours.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That should be a really great brush.

Both of these are Shavemac two band silvertip knots. The one on the left is in a Rudy Vey handle. On the right, a Shavemac handle. Both are favorites.

The Rudy Vey is, I think, the same size knot as yours. The Shavemac is larger, and it was specially ordered in an extra dense version.

You're going to love yours.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Those are awesome looking! Take care Jim!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
No idea what the market price for a badger is these days. I would probably get a baby rather than adult, as I hear the adults can be fierce.

Top Bottom