• Set a goal to buy just one every so often

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Buy just one, be happy with what you have

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Buy them all, but sell the ones you don't totally love

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Don't buy anything and do something else with the money

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Put the money in a cannon and scream "Who loves you, me or the Batman? Money, money, money..."

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I love your answer. It's heart warming, but funny right at the end.
I appreciate that, BigD, especially since I am more than a little embarrassed to have used two semi-colons in the first sentence and didn't catch my typo of 'entirety'. Thanks for seeing past my flaws :001_smile

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
I love your answer. It's heart warming, but funny right at the end.
Agreed.

As it happens, I find myself in a similar scenario to that described in the original post. All of the modern razors I could want are within reach for me, given enough patience to deal with shipping and customs/duty.

I’ve been tempted to do what the OP suggested: sit down one night and buy everything I want. I know myself though, I’ll end up with too many razors, thinking “I don’t use half of these” and feel guilty. Instead I’m voluntarily abstaining from buying new razors for a short while, after having acquired a few from my list. That way I give myself time to try each razor out before passing judgment.

My response would be a mixture of the 2nd and 4th options. I don’t like selling though, whatever I buy I tend to keep or give away - but close enough.

I chose "cannon"

Money is worthless paper your government tricks you into believing is valuable, especially since we went off the gold standard and had no tangible evaluation. It's essentially toilet paper now that your 'money' is just numbers floating around cyberspace.

I own my home and have zero debt of any kind since my early 30's. I could easily buy any razor out there without blinking. I like where I am at with the 2 Tech razors, 1 brush, and limited soaps (Proraso & Arko) and 3 brands of blades... and don't feel the need to expand anything in my collection.

My focus is on the 20 mins I take in shaving. I enjoy the relaxing experience each time.

I own my home and have zero debt of any kind since my early 30's. I could easily buy any razor out there without blinking. I like where I am at with the 2 Tech razors, 1 brush, and limited soaps (Proraso & Arko) and 3 brands of blades... and don't feel the need to expand anything in my collection.

My focus is on the 20 mins I take in shaving. I enjoy the relaxing experience each time.

Well said!

I buy lots of razors. No regrets. I shave every day. They all get used to some degree. Could I survive on one? Probably. Do I enjoy this hobby and lots of variety? Yes!!!!!

I never buy any shave gear unless I'm at least halfway thru a fifth of gin. It works for me. Since I'm retired and always shave after a few G&T's, my gin purchases have not let me down.

Only buy what you will love to use with the understanding that you may make an occasional bad purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I might try an Edwin Jagger 3ONE6.

If it didn't shave better than my regular Jagger, I'd give it away. Aside from that, I'd still use the same Kent Infinity brush, to load the same Mitchell's Wool Fat, and use my existing pile of blades. Although I might hunt down a few more English Wilkinson Sword blades.

canons........a couple of 1 lb. cans of black powder.......what's not to love??????

I'm not cleaning the canon when done though.

camo

Top Bottom