What's new

If you could be a music star for one night on stage.....

John Lennon in the Cavern Club anytime from 61-63. I'd take the Indra and the Kaiserkeller on the Reeperbahn from the earlier period as a second.

Joe Satriani. The man is a guitar GOD. Imagine if Hendrix had a **** ton of knowledge about musical theory. He's also reportedly a nice guy in person. Most importantly, he is STILL ALIVE! ;)

Hmm, hard to choose..

Being Sun Ra onstage in the end of the sixties would be so great.
With the full Arkestra blasting, being the center of a 100-man strong band, Just feeling his (your own...) Universal Sense.

Or Wayne Kramer of the MC5 in 1968 when the madness at the Grande Ballrom burned with its fierces flame.

Or Shakira, but then I'd never make it to the stage, I would've been caught up backstage, constantly dressing & re-dressing myself :lol:

Wow, so many choices here. I'd have definitely loved to have been either Robert Plant or Jimmy Page during the Led Zeppelin days. There's also several 1980s metal bands such as Motley Crue, RATT, Poison, Metallica, Megadeth, Bang Tango, Testament, Faster Pussycat, Cinderella, Metal Church - I'd love to be a member of any one of those (FYI, the new Ratt CD, Infestation, that just came out - with original singer Stephen Pearcy - is awesome!) Then there's modern bands I'm really digging like AFI, Chevelle, HIM, From First To Last, All Time Low, Yellowcard, etc.

But I think the one music star I'd most want to be for one night on stage would be Brandon Boyd, along with the rest of his band Incubus. Music and passion? He just gets it. And I want to get it like he gets it.

Just for a laugh I would be Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap. If I was serious I would probably chose David Gilmore in Pink Floyd.

Top Bottom