What's new

Hump Day Herf Day 18JAN2017-Pete Wednesday

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm pretty sure you were awarded points for it. If not, you are definitely due some.

Enjoy it. I will be getting one once the house is paid off (which should be shortly, if I could stop getting kicked in the shorts every time I turn around :biggrin: )

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Did a practice run with Irish Flake a bit ago...need to re-hydrate the flake a bit...been in there two years and was not in a mason jar, just a plastic rim sealed jar like the tobacco shop has for bulk.

The Pete will be cleaned up from the smoke tonight and the flake taken care of before the herf. I was thinking about a bit of Scotch to go with it, but I think I'll do an Irish beer instead...something besides the Guinness. Maybe a Murphy's or Harp's? I do like the March 17th idea also. The themed idea is good for future herfs...Irish, English, Danish, Corncobs, drug store pipes and 'baccy...etc. I'm getting ready to load up a Grabow with Carter Hall in a bit.

I was also thinking about some food to go with it...broiled oysters sound good. I saw some Irish oyster recipes today.

Did a practice run with Irish Flake a bit ago...need to re-hydrate the flake a bit...been in there two years and was not in a mason jar, just a plastic rim sealed jar like the tobacco shop has for bulk.

The Pete will be cleaned up from the smoke tonight and the flake taken care of before the herf. I was thinking about a bit of Scotch to go with it, but I think I'll do an Irish beer instead...something besides the Guinness. Maybe a Murphy's or Harp's? I do like the March 17th idea also. The themed idea is good for future herfs...Irish, English, Danish, Corncobs, drug store pipes and 'baccy...etc. I'm getting ready to load up a Grabow with Carter Hall in a bit.

I was also thinking about some food to go with it...broiled oysters sound good. I saw some Irish oyster recipes today.

Broiled oysters! Got room for one more?

I've got a Saint Pats pipe that is my dedicated Lakeland pipe, so I'm going to try to kill off the last bit of a tin of Ennerdale. I'll double down with an as yet to be determined tobacco in either my Deerstalker, or a first bowl in my meer Baker Street.

I've decided on my hardware for Wed, as well as the blend that will go into it. Sadly, since I'll be starting work for the evening, I am very limited as to the accompanying tasty beverage.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Very nice!:thumbup:

Oh man looks better than the other pics (which weren't bad at all)

Thank you, gentlemen.

I've decided on my hardware for Wed, as well as the blend that will go into it. Sadly, since I'll be starting work for the evening, I am very limited as to the accompanying tasty beverage.

I'd love to know what you plan on puffing on! I'm still trying to decide if I want a Va or Burley blend for my Pete's inaugural smoke. Hopefully, I'll be able to knock one back for you after I get out of work on Wednesday! :a17:

Thank you, gentlemen.

I'd love to know what you plan on puffing on! I'm still trying to decide if I want a Va or Burley blend for my Pete's inaugural smoke. Hopefully, I'll be able to knock one back for you after I get out of work on Wednesday! :a17:

Here's two hints, it's neither a VA nor a Burley, and it's one of Peterson's own branded blends.

I've got it narrowed down to one of two unsmoked Pete's that I have. A white meerschaum that I got from a shop in Ireland thru the mail or a GPSS special edition.

I've got it narrowed down to one of two unsmoked Pete's that I have. A white meerschaum that I got from a shop in Ireland thru the mail or a GPSS special edition.

If I am reading that right, I have that GPSS SE as well, and that is the one I plan on for Wed night. lol

My Petes don't get smoked very often anymore. I just have too many pipes I enjoy more, but I am going to pull one out the mothballs and shine it up for the Wednesday herf. I am thinking a bowl of Pelican or the 15 year old Accountant's Mixture that was gifted to me by Micah.

I thought there was a separate thread but I will post here because it works! I was out the B&M today and he had one Pete St. Patrick day pipe and OMG is it beautiful. I had commented in the other thread that I was back and forth on the colored pipes - not any more this was stunning. They are getting a handful more in and if there is a nice bent pipe I may be in trouble (I doubt it but...)

BTW, I'm having PC issues (it shut down to reboot Sunday night, and I'm still trying to resurrect it, it never came back up). Windows repair failed, restoring to a previous good image failed, reinstall while keeping my files failed.. I currently have it installing clean after formatting the drive. Maybe that will work, if not, I'm down to swapping out hardware to track the issue. So while I may not get to post much tomorrow night, I'll still be pulling out the Pete I picked, and the blend I planned for it.

(Yes, I have backups of the data that was on the drive, assuming they've been working like they were supposed to)

I thought there was a separate thread but I will post here because it works! I was out the B&M today and he had one Pete St. Patrick day pipe and OMG is it beautiful. I had commented in the other thread that I was back and forth on the colored pipes - not any more this was stunning. They are getting a handful more in and if there is a nice bent pipe I may be in trouble (I doubt it but...)

Those green Petes (especially the spigots) are gorgeous...the issue is that, with time & use, they start to turn brownish yellow.

That is good to know, the pipe I want right now is the green splash spigot xl02, I still want it, but good to know none the less. (
Those green Petes (especially the spigots) are gorgeous...the issue is that, with time & use, they start to turn brownish yellow.

Top Bottom