What's new

How often do you shave with a DE Razor?

Every other day, now staying with ONE razor(Gillette slim adjustable), mostly personna blade. I do vary the prep and after shave balm, but not much. My shave cabinet has 3 soaps/ creams, 3 brushes, 3 after shaves. Keep it simple.

I shave every two days, or sometimes three days. My perception has always been that I get better, closer shaves more easily that way. I don’t know if my hair really becomes softer when it grows a bit longer, but that is how it feels. Maybe somebody here knows, but maybe longer exposure to skin oils or the effect of soaking longer hair before the shave causes a difference.

In any case, my hair is not dark so I don’t look unshaven 24hrs after a shave. I think too that if I shaved daily then it might become a chore rather than something I look forward to, and I might not want to spend the time I should for good preparation and lather. I also enjoy using very efficient razors and getting a long-lasting, close shave, which wouldn’t really suit a daily shave routine.

I shaved pretty much every day before discovering DE shaving and absolutely, without fail, every day since. I will even enjoy a top up shave prior to a posh evening out :)

I shave every day. Did so with a cartridge razor for decades, and now do so with a Rockwell 6S since December 2021. Two-pass shave, no irritation problems.

I see daily shavers say they do it for neatness of appearance, or simply because they enjoy shaving.

But does anyone else here hate the way an unshaven face feels? I sure do. My face feels too warm and crunchy if I don't take the stubble off every day.

i happen to be one of those lucky/unlucky ones who(never will) still cant grow a full beard at middle age but the stubble is there so i shave everyday even though i dont really need to:laugh:

Top Bottom