What's new

How often do you shave when you're retired/not working?

How often do you shave when you're retired/not working?

• - Every day

Votes: 67 59.8%
  • - Every 2 days

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • - Longer than 2 days

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters
Like many others in this string, I shave every day. I hate the feeling of not shaving for any amount of time and now that I am retired, I can take my time and really enjoy the shave, knowing I don't have to hurry off. I am enjoying mixing up the rotations of razors, blades, and brushes. I own thirty razors, both DE and SE and can't think of one that I don't enjoy.

Daily, because I feel scruffy otherwise. The only exceptions are when I'm really sick. Or when working as a poll worker in the last election, I moved the previous day's shave from AM to PM and then skipped shaving on election day. I think I can count the number of days I've missed over the last ten years on the fingers of one hand.

Thank you for your service in manning the polls. There’s not a higher calling, in my book. Well done, sir.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Les:
Being retired, I shave M-W-F & Sun (Mass), and like to take my time and 'pamper' myself!
proxy.php

Shaving Icon.jpg
“"The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off”". Abe Lemons

Daily because i always have, much easier to just get up and do it between the shower and dressing then to have to make a decision on whether or not i should while i'm still stumbling my way through the fog of awakening.
dave

A heart attack forced my retirement 7 years ago. For the first several years, I often skipped a day, but my beard is fast-growing, and I look look like a gnarly old geezer on day 2, so I rarely went more than 2 days. I often looked for excuses to skip shaving. Then I found this place two years ago. I think I've missed three days in the last two years.

When I have leave or a 3-4 day weekend, I will usually end up shaving about every other day. I shave every day and sometimes twice a day while I am working. If I go more than 2 days without shaving my wife tells me I look homeless and I need to go properly take care of myself. :a7:

Like many others in this string, I shave every day. I hate the feeling of not shaving for any amount of time and now that I am retired, I can take my time and really enjoy the shave, knowing I don't have to hurry off. I am enjoying mixing up the rotations of razors, blades, and brushes. I own thirty razors, both DE and SE and can't think of one that I don't enjoy.

I enjoy shaving too much to skip a day.

Every day. I start every day with a good leak, the best days are when I get up first. Then to the shower, brush tooth and end with a nice relaxing shave. I skip the morning routine once in a while, day just doesn't feel right.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Every day, but now that I'm an involuntary retiree I only shave one side of my face.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like to shave in the morning every day and I will take a day off once in a while if lot is on my mind or distracted.
My old job (I'm retried) we were suppose to be cleanly shaven every day because we might have to wear a Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) so I always shaved daily with my Gillette Cartridge razors and now I'm still programmed to daily shave but using better shaving systems SE & DE and still learning.:lol1:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I don't work for health reasons, and shave most days. Time of day depends on when I'm most functional, and some days I'll skip it altogether if I don't feel up to the task.

I'm retired and love my morning shave, every morning. With the kids gone, no one is knocking on the door, just my wife and me. yea:001_smile

I'm a long way off from retirement (touch wood). But when I'm on annual leave I tend to shave every second day I'll go up to a week if I'm off camping.

I had to shave daily on work days when I did work. for several years after picking up the habit here, I'd shave daily for the joy of it. that kinda wore off after a few years.

now... every 2-3 days. maybe more often if I have somewhere public to be.

Top Bottom