What's new

How often do you get a haircut

Depends on the season. In the summer every 4 weeks, during the winter it's closer to every 5 or 6 weeks as our hair doesn't grow as fast in the winter.

I used to go to a barber or hair stylist every 6 weeks, almost on the dot. My favorite barber moved a few years ago, and I started cutting my own hair. I cut my own hair about every 4 weeks. If I have something important coming up, I'll cut it about a week early with a style that I have done too many times to screw up. After a couple days, my hair looks great, and after a week, it's hardly noticeable that I recently got a hair cut, so I just look clean.

Every 6 ~ 10 weeks for me, depending on how busy I am, the season of the year, and how good a job the last barber did. I don't mind when my hair gets long, but it grows really thick and hard to control. When I get to the point where I need to use mousse or gel to keep it under control, that tells me its time to get a haircut.

My patronage of late has been Hair Cuttery. They just raised their prices from $15 to $17 for a Signature Cut. $2 extra if you ask for a specific stylist, which I've only done once. In fact, I've only found one stylist out of the half-dozen shops in my area that was worth a repeat performance.

When I'm feeling rich, I go to a place called American Male. They charge $45+Tip for what they call "The Worx" which includes a shampoo and hair style, a facial massage with aromatherapy oil and a hot towel, and dipping my hands in paraffin wax. When I can afford it, which isn't often lately, its a really nice way to pamper myself.

I get buzzed weekly with the same Andis clippers my wife uses on the dogs. Expensive clippers, but the work great and they paid for themselves over and over again. She shaves my neck with one of my DEs so I get a nice clean neckline.

On the rare occasion I get it cut elsewhere, I go to Gary's Barbershop. He is about 65, does a clipper cut and and a hot cream neck shave with a shavette for $13. I used to go to him about every two weeks. Now it might be twice a year. It is still fun to shoot the breeze with a real barber in a true barber shop.

Every 3 weeks - $15 tip included. That's at a real deal men's barber shop complete with strait razor neck/ear line clean up w/hot cream.

Last edited:
Every 6-8 weeks, $20 plus tip. It's one of those two gender salons. One sides mens and the other womens. Pretty good service and amenities.

8 to 10 weeks for me. My hair grows quite slow and it's naturally curly. The way I style it helps too I think. Last cut on December 2, leaving the country on business next week until February 4th, so I'll probably look into getting it done when I get back.

I have been going to the same Barber since we moved into our condo for 25 years. I get my hair cut every 4 to 6 weeks. The barber charges $11.00 I give him $20.

I go about every 3 to 4 weeks.

I'v found that trendy salon in my area, which offers a whole pampering experience (modern interior design, hair massage, hair washing, coffee, etc.).

I'd never go back to a barber. I love my hairstylist, she's a great person and a great stylist and I've always had outstanding service and customer experience.

However the price is quite steep : $30, including the cut/massage/hair wash/coffee, plus sales taxes, plus the tip, so itcomes to about $40 per cut. Spendy, I know, but worth it in my opinion.

I've thought about going to some cheaper salons / barbers but am afraid to change stylist.

I go every 2-3 weeks to a nice Korean barber lady that is near the house. It is $13 including tip. She does a good job and I don't even have to tell her how to cut it anymore.

Top Bottom