What's new

How often do you get a haircut

I have been trying to figure out how to give myself a decent haircut with the electric clippers. The first time I messed up and had to buzz it all down to 1/8". I hope it comes quickly with practice.

About every 10 days for me but I am required to keep mine in reg's. A haircut club is nice if you sport a pomp or an ivy league or something like that with a cut part or tight fade, as it requires touch-ups to keep looking good. So, if you figure 2 cuts a month and 2 touch-ups...you could come out cheaper.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe worth looking for your favourite style in one of the many Hair Stylist / salon magazines and ask her to do it.

Just a thought.
My problem was that when I explained what I wanted, she nodded her head yes and said okay then proceeded to give me the wrong haircut. I just want someone who understands me. Plus I prefer going to a barber shop vs a hair and nail salon. That's a good idea, though, regarding the hair style magazine, should I decide to change my hair style again.

I do every 2 weeks as long as I get off work on time. And I have to stay in regs. It is 13.50 + tip. It includes straight razor along the hair line.

Ten years ago I used to get a cut every 4-6 weeks. I cut my own hair once a week now. I turns out to be a nice savings but also a great savings in time.

I go about every 2 weeks and it costs me about $15 (including tip) each time. I grew up in the South Bay where the $70 haircut is fairly common. The City is far worse.

Well it use to be every 4 to 6 weeks. For the last two years it has been every 2 or 3 months. On suggestion from my lady barber I'm growing my hair long.

I go once a month. In fact I will be getting a haircut when I got off work this morning. The cost is $14 but I usually had the barber a twenty and tell him to keep the change.

My barber of 20 years moved to Europe. He was generally regarded as the best in the area (large midwest city). Hair washed, scissor cut, layered. However the neck was done with a trimmer. I would schedule a cut every 5 weeks with him. Cost $20 (friend charge, normally $30).

Now go to a local traditional barbershop (my side of the city). Great guys, lots of fun. Not near the quality I had been used to. Trimmer on the sides (choose your number), uniform length scissor cut on top. However, neck is done with a straight. Drop in every 3 weeks. Cost $13.

Top Bottom