What's new

How much for soap?

What's the most $ you are willing to pay for soap?

• As cheap as possible

• Under $10

• Under $20

• Under $30

• Sky is the limit

Results are only viewable after voting.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Close, but no cigar. :a39:

That is the most expensive soap I can think of. ABC certainly has a following but I'm sure the price keeps many away. I tried it, it was fine but the almond scent irritated my skin. I wouldn't use it if it was $1 or $100.

I use soaps that work, for me, regardless of price.

That is the most expensive soap I can think of. ABC certainly has a following but I'm sure the price keeps many away. I tried it, it was fine but the almond scent irritated my skin. I wouldn't use it if it was $1 or $100.

I use soaps that work, for me, regardless of price.

Creed GIT is $125 but it's not an artisan soap aimed at us shaving hobbyists.

proxy.php

With my primary (and almost exclusive) soap being under $12 USD, I have a very difficult time justifying paying anything more than $15, no matter what it is. However, that is a personal bias that I am content with as the soap works brilliantly.

A year or so ago, I actually spent the money for a full price C&S just because of the scent and the nice aluminum bowl. What's that, $160?

I'm definitely feeling a hint of buyers remorse whenever I think about it.

It would take a very special soap, container and presentation to make me even consider, consider making another soap purchase like that; Specially with the caliber of artisan soaps lately.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
A year or so ago, I actually spent the money for a full price C&S just because of the scent and the nice aluminum bowl. What's that, $160?

I'm definitely feeling a hint of buyers remorse whenever I think about it.

It would take a very special soap, container and presentation to make me even consider, consider making another soap purchase like that; Specially with the caliber of artisan soaps lately.

You paid about $130 for the container. The soap itself is around $30. Would you feel the same remorse at $30?

You paid about $130 for the container. The soap itself is around $30. Would you feel the same remorse at $30?

You know I think I would. I wouldn't pay $30 for a puck of that. Might as well get a puck of Cade which is around half the price, or level up to SV if triple milled is the name of the game.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
You know I think I would. I wouldn't pay $30 for a puck of that. Might as well get a puck of Cade which is around half the price, or level up to SV if triple milled is the name of the game.

Interesting. I really liked C&S when I had it but SV 4.3 is better IME.

Imagine buyind MdC for the first time when it's no longer most outrageously expensive. You will lather it with your tears. Better get some ASAP.

OK, let's define our threshold:
  1. Artisan
  2. $100+ street price
  3. Basic disposable container
  4. No refills
  5. Not Limited Edition

Interesting. I really liked C&S when I had it but SV 4.3 is better IME.

Agreed. I don't even use my C&S, it's just there. I have most SV scents in my den and I use them all in rotation with current top artisans. Best triple milled soaps IMHO.

OK, let's define our threshold:
  1. Artisan
  2. $100+ street price
  3. Basic disposable container
  4. No refills
  5. Not Limited Edition

Mine would still be $25 below. $25 above and I tend to nitpick because I have to understand and justify why a soap would be that expensive.

I have to understand and justify why a soap would be that expensive.

That's the challenge we leave to the artisans to figure out. Pannacrema's selling point is skin care benefits and unique scent. MdC's is how simple and rustic the soap is. Both have nice, authentic, yet basic disposable containers.

Top Bottom