What's new

How much for soap?

What's the most $ you are willing to pay for soap?

• As cheap as possible

• Under $10

• Under $20

• Under $30

• Sky is the limit

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just added one at $38 for CF 1445 and it has a wonderful scent and had the first shave the other day and it was a great shave. With the matching aftershave balm it was close to $90. It may have been expensive but between the scent and the shave it was worth it to me. It ranks right up there with my favorite SV Felce.

Daughter got me PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa that arrived today. 60 bucks US. Free delivery. Wish they would make a AS balm and Cologne. Can't wait to shave with this tomorrow. Out of the ceramic bowl the scent is indescribable for me. The Blu I think I like better for Summer. I don't mind paying for quality. Just like food, coffee, Jeeps and motorcycles! :a17::a17::a17:

When does the alarm go off in your head, at what price point? I can't get myself to spend more than $20 for basic puck of soap. I paid under $25 for Tabac and MWF in their original ceramic bowls.

Might be worth reading Wholly Kao thread - a number of people disagree with your opinion

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm working my way through the Stirling Soap catalog @$3.25 per sample. Given their selection, I'll likely die before I try them all.

I have been using Williams for like ever. When my dad taught me to shave as a teen many moons ago I just stuck with it and like it a lot.
Even used Williams all those years ago with carts.
Now that I'm back with DE razors Williams is still my go to soap, I get great shaves and it really makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I started adding a but if Cremo to the puck and get super slick lather.
I can't seem to want to pay more than what I get Williams ($0.99) a puck and Cremo ($4.99) a tube for - the combo just lasts and lasts and I'm happy with it and saw no need to change.
I recently got RazoRock Blue Barbershop in a PIF and didn't think much of it until I tried it - I really like it a lot!
And with a bit of Cremo it's just like Williams but with a different really nice scent!
So even the RazoRock is under $10 and it got me thinking of trying other soaps out there with some samples. But I will keep the cut off at under $20 and most likely under $15. Maybe it's just me but I just can't bring myself to spend $20 or $30 or more on shave soap that eventually goes down the drain.
I believe that inexpensive soaps may be as good as the top stuff but that truly varies due to personal choice as your YMMV.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom