What's new

How many of you are thinking about signing up for the 2014 Sabbatical?

The 2014 Sabbatical is closer then you think, what are your thoughts?

• Yes, I will be joining, even if it's NO exceptions.

• No, I will not be joining if there are NO exceptions.

• I will only join if there are exceptions.

• I will not be a part of any Sabbatical nonsense.

• Undecided at this point and I will decide closer to sign up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just putting feelers out there for who is thinking about the 2014 Sabbatical.

There was talk in the 2013 thread and I have to agree it's the way to go....NO EXCEPTIONS. B&B Branded Items and Sue Moore will ALWAYS be exceptions (my understanding). However the B&B Boar Brush was limited to 1 colour per Sabbatical member in the 2013 Sabbatical thread.

It may seem early to talk about, but It's something to think about now and get ready for. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did, and feel most who are in it would say the same.

Between the Sabbatical, 3017 and 365 threads, I am getting the best shaves ever, using up product, dialing products in and knowing which ones work and wont' work for me and actually saving money! No more buying then selling on the BST which many do every 2 weeks at a loss, not to mention the postage paid. I have a feeling the B&B BST keeps Canada Post and USPS in business some days.

Please take a look at the poll selection carefully and feel free to comment and/or make suggestions.

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to join in 2014. I've blown way too much money in 2011, 2012, and this year, even though the year hasn't ended yet. I'll be sad to miss out on the new colors of the B&B Essential brush though.

What do the survivors win if they make it through the entire year successfully?

I really need to join in 2014. I've blown way too much money in 2011, 2012, and this year, even though the year hasn't ended yet. I'll be sad to miss out on the new colors of the B&B Essential brush though.

What do the survivors win if they make it through the entire year successfully?

B&B Branded Items and Sue Moore will ALWAYS be exceptions, or that is my understanding. I just added this to the original post "B&B Branded Items and Sue Moore will ALWAYS be exceptions (my understanding). However the B&B Boar Brush was limited to 1 colour per Sabbatical member in the 2013 Sabbatical thread."

The limit of 1 B&B Boar brush per Sabbatical member was imposed in the 2013 Sabbatical Thread and whoever heads up the 2014 may or may not change that.

Survivors win a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon, cooked by me, served by me, but they are local pick-up only. :wink2:

Last edited:
I agree on the NO exceptions rule. It eliminates 90%of the fuzzy area.
I don't think I'll be joining...I've got too many items on the wish list to buy :)

Not me. Now that I've got all of my hardware AD's in check, I'll continue to buy soaps whenever I see something new and exciting.

I'm only two or so months into the game, and I'm already thinking about joining the sabbatical. In two months I've dropped something like $400 on product and brushes.

I'll probably pick up a razor and another hundred or two blades, then TRY to control my desire to try new stuff.

I plan on jumping on board. I have have all the equipment I need and software should last a while. As far as exceptions, I'm not sure. I do have 1 or 2 products on my radar (which I could always get before d day)

I'm in. I will need to buy a couple boxes of blades and a couple of pucks of Vostok for next summer to get ready. I currently have 1 tin of Mike's and 5 on order. I may need to see where I stand with Mike's and order another tin or two later this year. I will also need to see where I stand on AS to make it through the year.

Keep in mind TRADES are perfectly acceptable.

You can also till sign up for General PIF's and we even had some "Sabbatical ONLY PIF's". :001_smile

Okay, I'm in, I've already spent too much on shaving so I need to stop buying stuff until I used up some of my supplies. I want to be exempted from antique store find though in case I see a ridiculously cheap and great razor.

I could easily see myself sign up for another year; I have plenty of software and blades.

I would like one opportunity as a (hopefully) successful 2013 restraint participant to restock and pick up the spoils of war: a couple of brushes and a Slant. Once the timeline is agreed upon I'd probably go again.

I don't think I will join. I attempted it this year, but had to bow out due to replacing some clippers for my goatee. My short stint in the sabbatical helped break my spending habit. I did buy some Barrister & Mann samples this past Friday, but really haven't splurged like I have in the past. So I count that as a win. Plus the fact I've started with the 3017 treatment on my stash of products. I'm enjoying shaves now without feeling the need/pressure to acquire every new & existing product out there. I've actually started trimming my den into a sell box. When I get finished going thru my den, that box will be listed on the BST :wink2:

I plan on joining. I have all the hardware I need (for now!) and more software than I can use in a decade. I'll have to pick up more blades before the end of the year, though.

Okay, I'm in, I've already spent too much on shaving so I need to stop buying stuff until I used up some of my supplies. I want to be exempted from antique store find though in case I see a ridiculously cheap and great razor.

that my my exception this year but I have not exercised it. Depending on who or how the 2014 Thread is set up, it may be NO EXCEPTIONS. in which case, you see a Local Toggle for $10, you buy it and are more the merrier.

Top Bottom