What's new

How do you keep track of your razor rotation?

Thanks to a recommendation from another thread, I got a test tube rack and placed my razors in it. However, the one on the left is the one I use. I guess I'm more OCD than most. I'll use that one razor/blade until it is done, then I'll change both.

I put a fresh blade into whatever razor I feel like using at that particular moment, then I use it till it just doesn't feel right anymore. I have plenty of other **** to worry about other than how many times I've used a blade. I just simply don't care if its 2 shaves or 12 shaves as long as it feels right.

I tend to only shave with one or two razors at a time so keeping track of the number of times I've used a blade isn't really an issue. Actually, with my DE razor, I only use the blade once so that's a moot point. I guess for me it only matters for the SE and injector.

Thanks to a recommendation from another thread, I got a test tube rack and placed my razors in it. However, the one on the left is the one I use. I guess I'm more OCD than most. I'll use that one razor/blade until it is done, then I'll change both.

This is brilliant. I'm going to have to do this.

You guys need one of those pill reminder boxes to put all your razors.
$1567198.jpg

If you keep each razor in a specific spot, try dice - one for each razor. You can also keep track of blade usage in each this way.

Assuming even rotation, and a new blade in each to start: one, one, one, one etc. Two, two, two etc.

Last edited:
Don't keep track, only for testing a new blade, after that if it's a straight I either like it and keep it or I'll sell it. With DE blades if they are good I'll buy some more or they end up on the list of never again.

I only have one razor. When one side gets full of cream I rotate to the other side. When that's full I rinse and do it again. No need to keep track. :wink2:

Last edited:
I have sommething around 15 razors and use them all. I put fresh blade in one the others are empty, then I use that razor untill the blade is dull, then i chose a new razor. but exeptions occurs like when I get a new razor. Like now Ive got to with blades a Slant and a Richwood.

+1, I just use whatever happens to pop into my mind. I keep 15-20 razors in the cabinet at any one time, so I have a good selection. I do tend to stick with a razor for my standard 3 shaves on a blade though. I pitch it at three days regardless..life's too short (and blades are too cheap) to use them past that point, for me.

I just grab what ever razor I feel like using and use it for three days (life span of a blade).

I only keep one blade in rotation. So, only one of my razors has a blade in it. I get about 4 shaves with one blade. Typically, I shave 4 times with one razor, toss the blade and move on to another razor. However, if I decide to change mid-blade, I just pop the blade out and put it in the other razor. Really, you can change the blade in the time it takes the water to heat up.

I only use 4 DE's, and I decide which to use just before I start my shave. I use the dice to keep tract of the number of shaves on each blade though. When I reach #4 I change the blade and start over.

Wayyyyyyyyy to complicated for me, I use my R41 or ej89 til my feather wears out, then if I want to switch razors, I do.

Top Bottom