What's new

Hockey Playoff Beards!

Anyone's NHL team make it to the dance? I'm a huge ranger fan and going shave-free this post season. Last shave was saturday morning before the last game of the season, and I'm already craving a shave. Can't decide if I want NYR to go all the way, or get knocked out in 4 games so I can get back to DE excellence :). This is gonna be harder than I thought...

Anyone else putting together a playoff beard for their hockey team? Who are you all rooting for? GL next week, unless you're a flyers fan!

I'm hoping the Stars beat the Ducks and the Wild beat the Avalanche so they face each other in the second round. I have no illusions about the Wild winning it all. They won't. But I would like to see them beat up the lowly Stars. Yes...as you can tell from my avatar...I am still bitter about the original Northstars moving to Dallas 20 years ago. Go Wild.

Blackhawks! But I doubt I'll grow a playoff beard. I didn't the last two times they won the cup ... not sure I want to break with my own tradition :lol:

I'm not going to grow a beard - hasn't seemed to help the last few years. If the Pens don't make it to the final this year my head is going to explode...

Anyone's NHL team make it to the dance? I'm a huge ranger fan and going shave-free this post season. Last shave was saturday morning before the last game of the season, and I'm already craving a shave. Can't decide if I want NYR to go all the way, or get knocked out in 4 games so I can get back to DE excellence :). This is gonna be harder than I thought...

Anyone else putting together a playoff beard for their hockey team? Who are you all rooting for? GL next week, unless you're a flyers fan!

I've been a Devils fan since 1984 so I will shave once the Rangers are eliminated. :)

Nah, who am I kidding, I can't stop shaving, but I will still cheer for "not the Rangers", lol

My team is Montreal so I'll be watching to see if they make it past the first round this year.:sad: Never was too much into the superstitions of the sport, which is probably an oddity since I used to be a goalie.

I'm a Blues fan since their inception into the league in 1967. The way they finished off the regular season, they're gonna need a helluva lot more than playoff beards to make anything out of the post-season!

I grew my first goatee type beard in 1996 for the Avalanche run to the Cup. I kept it for 16 more years. I might start another one tomorrow, but I'm afraid it will only last for 4 games this time.

The Mighty Blackhawks!
Never shaved when they won their two Cups, so no reason to break with tradition.
Lets Go Hawks!

I've been a Pens fan since I was just a kid and Mario broke into the league in '84. Probably won't be growing a playoff beard though, I prefer to be clean shaven.

I grew my first goatee type beard in 1996 for the Avalanche run to the Cup. I kept it for 16 more years. I might start another one tomorrow, but I'm afraid it will only last for 4 games this time.

First year out of Quebec and they win the Cup -- go figure!

I get to keep shaving through the playoffs as my Caps missed the show...

no matter though, for the past 5 years or so my playoff beard has been much of a beard..more like playoff stubble

Top Bottom