High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June 2022
20220621_152727~2.jpg

Razor: Frankenrazor SLOC/R41 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20220621_152819~2.jpg

Superb shave. :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11816848

Efficient razor aficionados,

How are your faces doing? ;)

Shall we extend High Efficiency June to High Efficiency June and July?

We went for it last year. ;) :)
My face is quite smooth! Thanks for asking.

If we go into July I might actually put down my Timeless and Blackbird Ti long enough to shave with my ATT Classic H1 and Windsor SSRH. Efficiency monsters in their own right.

I vote yes, but I’ll keep up the efficiency anyways! 🤓

IN A WORLD where stubble grows wild, one razor will give you the closest shave of your life.
88830A8B-53E9-4890-88B4-82E0DAE84EFF_1_201_a.jpeg

YAQI BEAST 2 VARIANT

This time it's personal

Rated A for Aggressive​
IMG_20220621_172320671.jpg

My second shave last night with a razor invented by @Ron R, the Yaqi Beast 2 Variant.

Who is the Yaqi Beast 2 Variant for? Monster hunters, daredevils and experienced shavers with good technique that want an inexpensive & efficient razor with aggressive blade feel that can deliver a comfortable shave & BBS result.

The Yaqi Beast 2 Variant is made by combining the Yaqi Flipside base plate with the Yaqi Mellon head top cap.

Yaqi Flipside is a Dual Comb Dual Aggression Level Razor Head. Open Comb level 3/10 aggression. Closed Comb level 5/10 aggression. The Yaqi Beast 2 Variant increases the aggression range to Open Comb 6/10 & Closed Comb 8/10.

IMG_20220621_172606074.jpg
IMG_20220621_172631766.jpg

High Efficiency SOTD Tuesday Evening 6/21/2022 *** Yaqi Beast 2 Variant ***
IMG_20220621_171614832.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Beast 2 Variant :devil:
Blade: Kai (666)
Brush: Je&Co Synthetic Brush 24mm Extra Dense Knot
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: RazoRock WTP Blue Barbershop
Aftershave: Ice cubes, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Nivea Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm
Growth: 56 hours
Passes: WTG open comb, XTG closed comb, ATG open comb

Results: This Young Frankenstein, Mad Scientist razor set up, delivered a BBS result for me with increased blade feel. I shaved with a steep angle approach (riding the bar). The more rigid Kai blade eliminated the need for a shim & helped to reduce blade chatter that I experienced on my first shave. For future shaves with the Beast 2, with non Kai blades, I can double stack my DE blade, by cutting the blade in half and inserting them on one side of the razor. Double stacking is supposed to help reduce blade chatter & increases blade rigidity along with blade stability inside the head cap by adding more pressure.

Overall, No Drama, No Trauma. Great Shave!

Hat tip to @Ron R for his excellent razor invention. Thank you.

Mel Brooks Jewish GIF by foxhorror

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
IN A WORLD where stubble grows wild, one razor will give you the closest shave of your life.
View attachment 1476504
YAQI BEAST 2 VARIANT

This time it's personal

Rated A for Aggressive​
View attachment 1476535

My second shave last night with a razor invented by @Ron R, the Yaqi Beast 2 Variant.

Who is the Yaqi Beast 2 Variant for? Monster hunters, daredevils and experienced shavers with good technique that want an inexpensive & efficient razor with aggressive blade feel that can deliver a comfortable shave & BBS result.

The Yaqi Beast 2 Variant is made by combining the Yaqi Flipside base plate with the Yaqi Mellon head top cap.

Yaqi Flipside is a Dual Comb Dual Aggression Level Razor Head. Open Comb level 3/10 aggression. Closed Comb level 5/10 aggression. The Yaqi Beast 2 Variant increases the aggression range to Open Comb 6/10 & Closed Comb 8/10.

View attachment 1476537View attachment 1476538

High Efficiency SOTD Tuesday Evening 6/21/2022 *** Yaqi Beast 2 Variant ***
View attachment 1476541
Razor: Yaqi Beast 2 Variant :devil:
Blade: Kai (666)
Brush: Je&Co Synthetic Brush 24mm Extra Dense Knot
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: RazoRock WTP Blue Barbershop
Aftershave: Ice cubes, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Nivea Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm
Growth: 56 hours
Passes: WTG open comb, XTG closed comb, ATG open comb

Results: This Young Frankenstein, Mad Scientist razor set up, delivered a BBS result for me with increased blade feel. I shaved with a steep angle approach (riding the bar). The more rigid Kai blade eliminated the need for a shim & helped to reduce blade chatter that I experienced on my first shave. For future shaves with the Beast 2, with non Kai blades, I can double stack my DE blade, by cutting the blade in half and inserting them on one side of the razor. Double stacking is supposed to help reduce blade chatter & increases blade rigidity along with blade stability inside the head cap by adding more pressure.

Overall, No Drama, No Trauma. Great Shave!

Hat tip to @Ron R for his excellent razor invention. Thank you.

Mel Brooks Jewish GIF by foxhorror
That is a nice collage of photo's you took @RogerThat. Shaving should be having a little fun and I'm glade there are a few of us who like to tinker a little.:a21::a14:

High Efficiency June -- Turkish Delight Edition

I was hoping a Yuma would arrive before the end of the month. Received my package of Turkish goodies today.
IMG_20220622_174304925.jpg

I used all items in the package except the brush. Having read previous threads about the Yuma and the love/hate it elicits, I just had to try one myself. The razor is lightweight and has a rough "unfinished" quality about it, but the blade aligns properly and the shave is not at all rough. Never used Usta blades before. End result was an acceptable 2.5 pass DFS shave. I will have to use a more familiar and sharper blade to test true efficiency.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (15)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Went pretty well, but the slowness said I may have blunted the blade to the end of my skill level. Luckily, @GaryTha shared the idea of using just one edge until it falters before using the other edge to extend the amount of comfortable shaves squeezed from a blade. So watch out next Shark!

Also, this shave was closer and more comfortable and mentholated than last one.

• 23/30 days in GRUME June (76.67% completed and still in!!)
  • 22/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 173/174 days of 365 days of shaving (99.4%)
  • Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Open Comb
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:Omega Super Badger 632
Cream:Ach Brito Lavanda
Bowl:Proraso Green
Passes:
WXTG (2) / ATG (2)
Slanted on the neck
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:9.0/10 DFS

Notes to today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11817687

Have a Great day everyone

Razor: Blackland Vector (52)
Blade: Feather AC Professional Blade (3)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Alum; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close and Very smooth. A pleasant DFS+ steep angle shave. 4 passes + touchups.

Shave log summary 20220620

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom