What's new

Here are the lyrics - what is the name of the song?

Interesting. Turns out I am not good at this game, but I would like to see it continue. Not my turn, but how about:

"don't the sun look angry through the trees? don't the trees look like crucified thieves?"

Wow, this thread seems to be dying. Seems like too much potential fun to let it wither. Not my turn, and I apologize if anyone thinks this too controversial, it is not meant to be, but how about:

"with heaven full of astronauts, and the Lord on death row"

Geez, there is not reviving this thread, eh? :) How about these lyrics? Extra points for naming the banc the originally did this song!:

"Aw honey, how could you do it?

We swore each other everlasting love"

I said, "Well yeah, I know, but when we did

There was one thing we weren't thinking of, and that's . . . . "

Good choice! I had to look up, then almost sing the whole song.
Another!
Another from me? Sure, I had one in mind, where I knew the "lyric," such as it is, but could not remember the name or the song or the group, or really much about the song at all, except that was quite popular on top 40 sometime back in the day, but I did not think I had heard it for decades. It is also a line I quote from time to time when I am feeling dissed by someone. Viz.:

"I said, 'You got my number?'
He said, 'Yeah, I got it when you walked in the door' "

Here is another that may be pretty obscure to the younger folks, I am thinking. I will give the hint that it was something of a hit in the mid-1980s, although I remember hearing it more often that where it landed in the top 40 would have suggested. Cool backstory on the song and I really like who performed it.

Baby, I know you're wondering
Why I won't go over to your place
'Cause I'm not too sure 'bout how you feel
So I'd rather go at my own pace
And I know and you know that if we get together
Emotions will go to work
And I may do something I might regret the next day
And end up hurt

Here is another that may be pretty obscure to the younger folks, I am thinking. I will give the hint that it was something of a hit in the mid-1980s, although I remember hearing it more often that where it landed in the top 40 would have suggested. Cool backstory on the song and I really like who performed it.

Baby, I know you're wondering
Why I won't go over to your place
'Cause I'm not too sure 'bout how you feel
So I'd rather go at my own pace
And I know and you know that if we get together
Emotions will go to work
And I may do something I might regret the next day
And end up hurt
I Wonder If I Take You Home.......By... Full Force and Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam

Blue masquerade, strangers look on
When will they learn this loneliness?
Temptation heat beats like a drum
Deep in your veins, I will not lie.....

bingo! congrats! the lyrics you posted look great, but I can't come up with the song! Thanks for playing and continuing the thread!
Thanks. And I would have started playing sooner but I just discovered the thread today... Thanks for letting me play too.. I will see if anyone else can figure out the lyrics before I tell what the song is.. Hint... Think 80's classic movies.. Possibly horror genre oriented ??....

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
"Here in my car, I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live, in cars."

Thanks. And I would have started playing sooner but I just discovered the thread today... Thanks for letting me play too.. I will see if anyone else can figure out the lyrics before I tell what the song is.. Hint... Think 80's classic movies.. Possibly horror genre oriented ??....
Good hints! Someone should get this one!

"Here in my car, I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live, in cars."
The next line is.....

Here in my car, I can only receive
I can listen to you, it keeps me stable for nights
In cars

( In all honesty ) you got me thinking of the song and I am listening to it right now !!

Top Bottom