What's new

Help me build my Timeless

I have tried all base plates in .95 gap.
The SB is my favorite and preferred razor over all the others I own, BBS-1 and ATT included.
Now I am wondering how the .68 gap would feel.
Any ideas?

I have tried all base plates in .95 gap.
The SB is my favorite and preferred razor over all the others I own, BBS-1 and ATT included.
Now I am wondering how the .68 gap would feel.
Any ideas?
Hi I own 2 Timeless razors One has a custom .95 gap dual comb baseplate that has an OC on one side and a SB on the other. I also have an .68 gap OC on the other razor. As far as how they compare to each other I can say first off the 95 straight bar is only about 10 to15% more efficient than the 68 OC but there is a bigger difference between the 95 OC and the 68 OC in efficiency. With that said they both are the same as far as glide or some may use the term smoothness in describing the way a razor feels on the face while cutting the hair. Like with any razor, blade choice and technique play a big part in the quality and final results of a shave they provide. These 2 razors along with a couple of others in my den are at the very top of my list as best DE razors for sure so you can't go wrong if you want to add a new.68 razor, a head or just the baseplate to your den. I like to use my .68 when I'm looking for a quick 2 pass no touch up CCS or DFS which is easily obtained with the 68 OC. Hope that helps you with your decision on if you should get the 68.

I recently (this week) recieved my Timeless; a Stainless, 0.68 SB, with an H5 dimpled handle. Have shaved with it twice, so far and I love it. Shaves great and looks fantastic. The dimpled handle, to me, looks the best and does not slip when wet.

Timeless 1.jpg

Timeless 1.jpg

I clicked on the BYOR (build your own razor) so I got the free towel thrown in. Great packaging. Everything about this razor is first class. You'll love it. My everyday shaer was a SS with (i beleive, a 0.57 gap) so, for me the 0.68 was as much of a chance as I wanted to take.

Attachments

• Timless 2.jpg
    Timless 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Hi I own 2 Timeless razors One has a custom .95 gap dual comb baseplate that has an OC on one side and a SB on the other. I also have an .68 gap OC on the other razor. As far as how they compare to each other I can say first off the 95 straight bar is only about 10 to15% more efficient than the 68 OC but there is a bigger difference between the 95 OC and the 68 OC in efficiency. With that said they both are the same as far as glide or some may use the term smoothness in describing the way a razor feels on the face while cutting the hair. Like with any razor, blade choice and technique play a big part in the quality and final results of a shave they provide. These 2 razors along with a couple of others in my den are at the very top of my list as best DE razors for sure so you can't go wrong if you want to add a new.68 razor, a head or just the baseplate to your den. I like to use my .68 when I'm looking for a quick 2 pass no touch up CCS or DFS which is easily obtained with the 68 OC. Hope that helps you with your decision on if you should get the 68.

Many thanks with the help Dragonsbeard, I will most certainly try this .68 plate then.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Personally, I got a better shave with a 20 dollar Fatip than with my .68 OC so I returned it. Doing it all over again, I would do the Titanium with a .95 OC. Just the standard handle. If I did Steel, the standard knurled handle would be my pick.

Top Bottom