What's new

Help me build my Timeless

Both of you will love the .68 irregardless of the cap or base! It is a great shaver. My .68 sb is perfect and I will be ordering the .95 in SB as well. I also have the smooth cap and just love it.

I wonder if i made a mistake in my selection. I know Timeless will take care of me but i picked the OC .95 and the SB .68...i wonder if i should have reversed it to OC .68 and SB .95....thoughts?

I wonder if i made a mistake in my selection. I know Timeless will take care of me but i picked the OC .95 and the SB .68...i wonder if i should have reversed it to OC .68 and SB .95....thoughts?
Well I did the same thing and second guessing because the OC is allegedly more aggressive than an SB. So it would have made more sense to have the gaps in reverse betwixt the two. Then after more reflection, and reading, it seems that the OC is not necessarily a more aggressive configuration, but it depends on blade angle and gap. So where I'm at now on the issue is I'm keeping what I have, and may order the other two plates, OC .68, and SB .95 down the road apiece ....... or maybe not. Both of the configurations I have are excellent shavers as is.

So I have used my Timeless for 3 shaves now. All with the same Astra SP blade.

I'm in love! Still adjusting to the handle, but got my first BBS today with the razor. The .68 is fantastic. I will not be trading it in. Maybe one day I'll add another baseplate but for now I see no reason too!

Tomorrow I will switch to a different blade just to see how it goes but I am happy to know that my go to blade works perfectly. The Astra SP is the one blade that I figure if I can't get it to work in any razor well then there must be something wrong with the razor.

Well loaded my Timeless with a Feather blade today. Usually I can pretty much guarantee on a Feather's first use that I get a nic or cut. Well not today! Instead I got a BBS! MAN this razor is efficient!!! I am so happy I own one! LOVE IT!!!

IMG_20170315_172856.jpg

Outstanding, I thought you would like it. It's just such a comfortable shave without having to sacrifice closeness. If I can get a really close shave that's this comfortable then why would I reach for anything else.

Outstanding, I thought you would like it. It's just such a comfortable shave without having to sacrifice closeness. If I can get a really close shave that's this comfortable then why would I reach for anything else.

100% agree! 2.5 passes and I am walking away with BBS or as close to BBS as I can possibly get.

I ended up ordering a Timeless SB with a .68 gap with a barber poll handle. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived yesterday. I was surprised by a few things. It came in a nice box with a towel and a small polishing cloth. The razor is quite heavy - heavier than any other razor I own. It is well made and well balanced despite its weight. There was not a flaw anywhere in its finish. I put my Mergress on hold today and put a new Personna Medical Prep blade in it. I did my usual four pass shave. I got an excellent shave and have no complaints. The razor is beautiful.

Well, how does it stack up against my other razors? Obviously, it needs more than one shave to be objective. However, after the first shave I would put it among the top rank of my razors. For me, the best razor as far as performance is concerned is the ATT S1. That razor is incredibly smooth. Slightly behind the S1 are the UK and US Aristocrats, a RR Prototype slant, a Rockwell, and now the Timeless.

@ackvil

Jim very nice purchase. The customer service is exceptional. I love the microfiber cloth and the towell. The razors are thing of beauty. I'll be curious to see where it ranks after you use it a few more times.

I'm happy to hear that others are as pleased with their Timeless as I am! I tried to show great restraint in praising it too much, thinking I would be thought of as advertising for them.

I've tried several modern stainless razors, and had good luck with some, and horrible luck with others. I tried Timeless on a whim, and haven't looked back! I have both blade gaps in the scalloped plate, and both blade gaps in the open comb, and have to say that I could use any of them as a everyday razor! I will admit that I use the scalloped .68 most often because I can be a little more careless with it and not pay the price-- it's almost like using a cart razor without the razor burn and ingrown hairs!

Well loaded my Timeless with a Feather blade today. Usually I can pretty much guarantee on a Feather's first use that I get a nic or cut. Well not today! Instead I got a BBS! MAN this razor is efficient!!! I am so happy I own one! LOVE IT!!!

View attachment 776111

That is a beautiful razor. I'm glad that you're happy with it and that it has treated you so well. Looks like you have a family heirloom in the making. I may have to stop in and read your shave journal now and again. I look forward to hearing more.

That is a beautiful razor. I'm glad that you're happy with it and that it has treated you so well. Looks like you have a family heirloom in the making. I may have to stop in and read your shave journal now and again. I look forward to hearing more.

The journals are a great way to interact with more members here on B&B and then search your own journal to see how your thoughts and opinions change.

View attachment 776111

I was actually going to suggest throwing a Feather in it and you beat me to it. It is an amazing shave! I actually recommend throwing any blade in it as I have only had one bad shave with a Timeless and that was with a Sputnik which I took out after the second pass. Every other blade I have put in it was great. I don't like sounding like an advertisement but I love to talk about something that is simply the best I have experienced. Just finished shaving with it and a Feather loaded. Perfect. Going to try the .95 next. My .68 is SB and smooth cap.

Congrats Chad (and everyone else). I don't know why I keep opening this thread. Enablers!! Seriously though, nice reviews everyone. OK so @ackvil (Jim) Thanks for your comprehensive review and comparisons to your ATT and aristocrats. I'd also be interested in what number on your Mergress you would estimate your .68 Timeless head would fall on or between (understanding the apples and oranges and YMMV, etc)... Will keep watching this thread and @dfoulk 's thread for more info 'til I cave probably..

Congrats Chad (and everyone else). I don't know why I keep opening this thread. Enablers!! Seriously though, nice reviews everyone. OK so @ackvil (Jim) Thanks for your comprehensive review and comparisons to your ATT and aristocrats. I'd also be interested in what number on your Mergress you would estimate your .68 Timeless head would fall on or between (understanding the apples and oranges and YMMV, etc)... Will keep watching this thread and @dfoulk 's thread for more info 'til I cave probably..

I use 3 on my Mergress. I think 2 to 2.5 would equal the Timeless.

Brilliant! Thanks, Jim. Thinking .68 is probably the way to go for my face. Will keep watching, though. Wouldn't mind seeing some 'matte' pics if anyone went that direction..

My matte finish set arrives today, will post some pics when I get a chance!

I just received my set today. Beautifully balanced razors. Im partial to the plaid.
OC .95
Scalloped .68
SB .68
So far SB is smooooooth.

Attachments

• 20170318_002157.jpg
    20170318_002157.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 20170318_002106.jpg
    20170318_002106.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 20170318_002302.jpg