What's new

Help! I have RAD BAD!

Just bought a Merkur Open Comb 38C Barberpole today! Gotta stay away from Barber Supply shops for a while! Love the weight - just a little nervous about the open comb after reading about aggressiveness! Any tips are appreciated!

Congrats on the new OC - I can't say how aggressive they can be from experience. However, I've read that they do give a close shave and tend to be more on the moderate to aggressive side.

Open combs look worse than what they really are. I wish that I had tried one early on instead of passing them over. Just watch the blade angle and pressure. You will find that the shave is as smooth as any razor you can find.

Thanks guys! Guess after further research, what I have is a Merkur 12C Barberpole which was discontinued. Love the heft of it and excited to try OC! Wish me luck.

Congratulations, but don't worry too much as the Mekur open-combs are one of the mildest razors you'll try.
Good luck.

you had me trying to find someone selling a 38c OC as I hadn't seen one before.

yes, 12c, nice looking. how do you find the shave? I've never had a lot of luck/success with open combs.

Top Bottom