What's new

Convince me I need a Henson

So, I guess I'll just give it a good shot for a month or so, see if my technique with it improves or a better blade makes a difference
I'm in the same boat, having had my AL13+V2 only a short while. I've been through too many new golf clubs to take one swing, uh, shave, and start singing praises so I'm seeing how things pan out over multiple blades, etc.

Initial observation, which may help the OP if still watching, is that what I thought I would not like about the Henson actually went the other way. That is, I actually like the light weight and the longish handle, and find that the flare of the handle and the knurling really enhance the use of the razor. I can feel the "stiction/suction" effect but for me it's a non-issue. OTOH, I don't find it to be a "mindless" shave at all (yet) as I can ding myself with it and while it is more like a cartridge razor than a Merkur 34 to me it is a lot, lot more similar to the 34 than it is to a cart. So far it isn't as smooth as the ASD2 but that may come with the correct blade pairing.

So for the OP, as stated earlier in this thread it may boil down to just trying it. I will say that I don't think it is worth its regular price, which with shipping is closing in on the $90-100 mark. I've seen them go for around $40 in the BST.

My response to Convince Me I Need a Henson was going to be, "You need a Henson."

But it seems to me that you've already answered your inquiry with your comment above. I'm very happy with my Henson Mild and would like to try a Henson Medium, but it sounds like your taste in razors is much more aggressive than mine is. So I'd tell you not to try it. Does that mean that it's a bad razor? Not at all! It's awesome! But based upon your comments, I would guess that you won't like it.
I enjoy my Henson for what it is, a mild ++ razor, that gives, for me at least, better shaves than my Techs. The shave may not last as long as my 2011 R41, but long enough to serve the purpose. I rarely use aggressive razors any longer, enjoy the shaves with the milder types. My Ikons, Game Changers, Karves, all sit on the shelf as the Henson takes first place, for now that is.

I've been using a Henson for about 3 months and I treat it like a cartridge razor. So much so that I think to myself I'm surprised I haven't cut myself more from not paying attention to any of the process. ha!

I just bought an AL13 from Dr. Squatch. I already have and love a blackbird Ti, stainless steel Yates 921-M (&EH plate) and a stainless steel Yaqi 105 Duo (razorock Lupo clone).

I'm into the concept of Henson razor's so it's time I tried it for myself with the discount code and all.

I just bought an AL13 from Dr. Squatch. I already have and love a blackbird Ti, stainless steel Yates 921-M (&EH plate) and a stainless steel Yaqi 105 Duo (razorock Lupo clone).

I'm into the concept of Henson razor's so it's time I tried it for myself with the discount code and all.
I like my Henson so much it makes me wish my Rex Ambassador was made out of aluminum. As it is, it is like a tank compared to the Henson. The shaves from the Henson are as or almost as, good as the Rex can deliver so far IMO. Both razors are fairly new to me so my opinion may change down the road.

Top Bottom