What's new

Hail Aqua Velva

Yep. I'm a convert. It's one of my two "everyday" aftershaves. It's either Aqua Velva followed by Proraso ASB or Thayers with aloe followed by Brut ASB. I've got a bottle of Floid that I save for special occasions.

I've been enjoying the Ice Sport splash that I bought a couple weeks ago. Has made me want to try to track down the balm.

OK--you guys did me in. I went out and bought a bottle and tried it out. amazing. Truly amazing. Who would have guessed?:thumbup:

OK--you guys did me in. I went out and bought a bottle and tried it out. amazing. Truly amazing. Who would have guessed?:thumbup:

Well, they have been selling it for a long, long time. Besides, as everyone knows, there's something about an Aqua Velva man.

Tim

Well, they have been selling it for a long, long time. Besides, as everyone knows, there's something about an Aqua Velva man.

Tim

Right on, Tim. I think the last time I used it was in the early 60s, but I migrated to other AS because Aqua Velva was considered so declasse. When I think of all those years I wasted, ...:blushing:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Aside from being a great, masculine scented, a/s it feels great too. It's also kind of nostalgic for me as well. Reminds of me my Dad. Old Spice too. I like to use it after a Saturday morning shave and my little one will say, "hey Dad, you smell good. That's kinda nice.

Yeah, I recently purchased my first bottle (I honestly think first bottle ever... Don't think I ever used it when I used an M3). Used it for the first time today. Wow. Didn't really expect something like 10 minutes of cooling sensation on my face. Not a bad little elixer for the face.

I too am now seriously considering getting some...it is so common that i figured it wasn't really good. So many of you here have said the opposite...and I love the proraso ASB, so to hear someone uses both makes it even more enticing

I've been having fun with an old bottle I got. How old? I don't know but it's from when Williams made shaving cream.

attachment.php

I absolutely love Aqua Velva, besides swiss Pitralon it's my AS of choice on a regular basis. The freezing, nope can't speak of a "cooling", effect is just unbeaten (at least by the products I know and on my skin) and the best about it is of course the price tag. While I do like to use some more exclusive AS once in a while, I always have to force myself not to grab the AV bottle :lol: And even in good ol Switzerland it's widely available. The scent which lasts quite long for an alcohol based AS is also not too intrusive and usually the feedback is very nice and it goes well with my favourite cologne (Azzaro Chrome).

my 2 cents

Thomas

Ok, so I bought some Aqua Velva after reading this thread and this stuff does work! Guess everyone raving about it is a pretty good indication :idea:. :biggrin:

Tried it this morning for the first time - the Ice Blue AS picked up for about $3. The "face freezing" effect hung around for about 3 minutes or so, and I followed up with some Feather ASB. Was the scent supposed to linger at all? My nose is too stuffed up to tell....

Dennis

Top Bottom