What's new

Hail Aqua Velva

I read that people were having great success with Aqua Velva and Proraso ASB - so I thought to myself why not try it with my Brut Shea Butter and Aloe ASB>?

I did this morning with more brut asb and a bit of Aqua Velva - OMG!!

The mixture not only:
a) smelled awesome
b) Felt really cooling
c) Moisturizing

but its about 2pm and my face is still moisturized with no flaking. I shaved this morning at about 6am.

Rock on. I got my little brother to start using it too except the effect isnt that great on him cuz he just started shaving and get BBS with one WTG pass of a sensor excel.

I read that people were having great success with Aqua Velva and Proraso ASB - so I thought to myself why not try it with my Brut Shea Butter and Aloe ASB>?

The mixture not only:
a) smelled awesome
b) Felt really cooling
c) Moisturizing

but its about 2pm and my face is still moisturized with no flaking. I shaved this morning at about 6am.

Rock on. I got my little brother to start using it too except the effect isnt that great on him cuz he just started shaving and get BBS with one WTG pass of a sensor excel.

I wish I could get BBS with 1 pass from my Sensor...:cool:

Dude, is that you in your avatar pic?? If it is, you need a shave baaad...:w00t: :biggrin:

yeah thats me when I came back from vacation in the summer - didnt know how to use my camera on my cellphone and toook a totally messed up shot.

I tried that combo tonight, and I was unimpressed. I enjoy both of these products, but the combination of the two seemed to undermine the effectiveness of each one. The Brut undermined the cooling sensation of the Aqua Velva, and I found the combined scent to be much less appealing than either scent individually. OTOH, I find Aqua Velva followed by Proraso ASB (the Doc Mottern combo) to be a great combination. As always, YMMV.

M

modern man

I tried that combo tonight, and I was unimpressed. I enjoy both of these products, but the combination of the two seemed to undermine the effectiveness of each one. The Brut undermined the cooling sensation of the Aqua Velva, and I found the combined scent to be much less appealing than either scent individually. OTOH, I find Aqua Velva followed by Proraso ASB (the Doc Mottern combo) to be a great combination. As always, YMMV.

Ha, Some one has been listining :biggrin:

See I am not crazy :lol:

So, now we are starting to use two aftershaves? Where will it end? :eek:

Tim

Just when I thought I had everything I needed!!! Need to stop by the store and get a bottle of this stuff.

Thanks guys ;-)
Steve

I just picked up a bottle at Target for $4.59. I can't wait to use it tomorrow. I forgot how good it smelled. It brings back memories of when I was a kid.:taz: :taz:

Wow - I put aqua velva in my bar fridge and now when i put it on my face after a cold water splash its absolutely frigid!

Wouldn't mind trying some of this myself, but sadly it isn't too easy to get hold of if you live in the U.K. :frown:

Could any European B & B'ers possibly recommend a good website to order this from, that would ship over here? I take it that it is only available in the U.S. as such??

Wouldn't mind trying some of this myself, but sadly it isn't too easy to get hold of if you live in the U.K. :frown:

Could any European B & B'ers possibly recommend a good website to order this from, that would ship over here? I take it that it is only available in the U.S. as such??

In Canada as well, although that's almost the States.:sneaky2:

I got a bottle as well after reading all this. I thought I was going to burn my face off, but it felt darn good. And smelled nice. I got the blue stuff, the arctic chill or whatever name their marketing department came up with.

Been many years since I tried the olde AV. Bought some today and will give it a whirl tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Thanks for reminding me of the glorious past.!!:biggrin:

Yep. I'm a convert. It's one of my two "everyday" aftershaves. It's either Aqua Velva followed by Proraso ASB or Thayers with aloe followed by Brut ASB. I've got a bottle of Floid that I save for special occasions.

I, too, am into the AV, but pair it with Proraso Pre/Post.

The AV scent hangs for a good part of the day, and kind of takes me back to my youth. I'm pretty sure I never used it, so it must have been my Dad or an uncle.

Also, the AV scent to me is a winter type smell. I'm wondering if others think of it as more fall/winter vs. spring/summer? :idea:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Anyone have any suggestions for an edt that won't clash with the AV, or at least complement it in a non-offensive manner?

Top Bottom