What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Hope you enjoy them. Redbacks are my go to boot. Cheap and hard wearing yet iconic. I wear mine from workplace to wedding. I introduced a friend to Redbacks recently. She is on her feet 16 hours a day. She thanked me saying they are the most comfortable footwear she has ever experienced.
I hope you enjoy them.

Thank you, I hope so too. I tried several different brands to replace my old worn out CarolinaShoe Romeos, but the quality isn't what it used to be. So far so good on these Redbacks. Cheers!

Last edited:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Looks good. Used to see a lot of these on trips to Rome.

Back in my NYC days, I used to carry a messenger-like shoulder bag. A lot of guys in the media business did, what with having to often carry big old cell phones, 3/4" video tapes and such, as well as books and newspapers for the day's commute. No way an ordinary attache case could handle that stuff.

Now retired, I'm always reading several books at a time, so these days I carry a tote bag. Nothing frou-frou, just dark cordura nylon. It's just great having a place to stow stuff.
Hey Bill, I have used a shoulder messenger bag for a long time. Since I retired the bag I use is a bit smaller but great for a trip to town to carry my book a journal and other odds and ends.

9A64C9CA-D4CA-4ABE-B889-05813CD109C6.jpeg

This is my current bag by Bleu de Chauffe made in France.

Legion

Staff member
Picked up new Redback boots yesterday.
View attachment 1259866
When I needed to wear safety boots everyday one of the brands I used was Redback, but the laceup ones. I still have a pair (two, actually)

redback-lace-up-boots.jpg

At home, where I am regularly taking on and off my boots, as I walk from my workshop and into the house, the boots I am using are elastic sided Steel Blue brand. Another Australian brand, and I will say, they might be even more comfortable.

steel_blue_hobart_work_boots_312101_black__97868__96373.1346400613.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Nice swani mate.
Thanks. I wasn't that familiar with the brand, but I was in a camping store that carried them last week, and liked the look of them. Didn't so much like the price here... But then I was on the hunt, and was able to find a lightly used one in my size on ebay.

I'm getting into locally made wool this winter. Coats, shirts, blankets. I even bought a cardigan. :001_tongu
F1F06204-16F9-449D-BF09-AB0EB75067FD.jpeg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Thanks. I wasn't that familiar with the brand, but I was in a camping store that carried them last week, and liked the look of them. Didn't so much like the price here... But then I was on the hunt, and was able to find a lightly used one in my size on ebay.

I'm getting into locally made wool this winter. Coats, shirts, blankets. I even bought a cardigan. :001_tongu
View attachment 1271245

It has a solid history in NZ for outdoor and farming. Still a good brand. I've owned a few Swanndri jackets and they severed me well.

I would like to get back into some good woolen clothing and blankets.
Maybe I should keep a eye out for used woolen blankets. The price of new is quite high.

Nice cardi.

Legion

Staff member
It has a solid history in NZ for outdoor and farming. Still a good brand. I've owned a few Swanndri jackets and they severed me well.

I would like to get back into some good woolen clothing and blankets.
Maybe I should keep a eye out for used woolen blankets. The price of new is quite high.

Nice cardi.

yeah, I’ve been buying used and there are a fair few out there in good shape. You can pick them up for around $20-40, and will last forever.

I paid $80 for a really nice king size, but it would have cost at least three times that new.

Last edited:
Got a little dissatisfied with my Vaer field watch. Wasn't as easy to read - even in sunlight - as I had hoped. Prior to buying the Vaer I had strongly looked at a Citizen Chandler field watch. My one concern was the size of the crown. Decided to stop by a local jeweler who is a Citizen AD and see one in person. It looked great, very legible, and the crown was not too big. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Ordered a new band for it - a Barton silicone elite in Army green. This is what the watch looks like: Chandler - Men's Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch BM8180-03E | Citizen - https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/BM8180-03E.html

Got a little dissatisfied with my Vaer field watch. Wasn't as easy to read - even in sunlight - as I had hoped. Prior to buying the Vaer I had strongly looked at a Citizen Chandler field watch. My one concern was the size of the crown. Decided to stop by a local jeweler who is a Citizen AD and see one in person. It looked great, very legible, and the crown was not too big. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Ordered a new band for it - a Barton silicone elite in Army green. This is what the watch looks like: Chandler - Men's Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch BM8180-03E | Citizen - https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/BM8180-03E.html
Looking forward to seeing it! I've looked at this several times myself. And thanks for the comment on the Vaer. I've seen those frequently advertised and was curious about them.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I took the advice of the good folks on B&B and bought myself a Tilley TWC7 wax hat in Olive. I was glad I went to the store to try them for size as I ended up at 7 5/8 compared to the 7 1/4 I was expecting. Even allowing for Canadian sizing they seem to run small. This one is made in Canada. I like it, and more importantly so does the lady of the house.

20210527_143205.jpg

Legion

Staff member

I have basically the same watch in black with a different face. It’s been good.

Top Bottom