What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Thanks to the enablers in the Watch Ya Wearing thread I fell down the rabbit hole of Soviet/Russian watches. Just picked up a Peterhof/Glasnost Raketa Big Zero. It desperately needs a new band. Thinking about a navy blue leather NATO, or perhaps a navy blue canvas. I suppose red would work, too. I'll post a picture either here or in Watch Ya Wearing as soon as it comes in next week.

Thanks to the enablers in the Watch Ya Wearing thread I fell down the rabbit hole of Soviet/Russian watches. Just picked up a Peterhof/Glasnost Raketa Big Zero. It desperately needs a new band. Thinking about a navy blue leather NATO, or perhaps a navy blue canvas. I suppose red would work, too. I'll post a picture either here or in Watch Ya Wearing as soon as it comes in next week.

Looking Forward to seeing your Russian
Purchase.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Some merino wool socks. Some fine knit dress socks and a some outdoor with loop pile cushioning.

20200702_154556.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Some merino wool socks. Some fine knit dress socks and a some outdoor with loop pile cushioning.

View attachment 1120540
Nice socks. I have been only wearing Explorer Socks. I keep thinking that I should try something else. My sister bought me some socks years ago that we’re made in NZ. I can’t remember who made them but they were thick and lasted for years. They were actually better than Explorer socks.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice socks. I have been only wearing Explorer Socks. I keep thinking that I should try something else. My sister bought me some socks years ago that we’re made in NZ. I can’t remember who made them but they were thick and lasted for years. They were actually better than Explorer socks.

I use to wear Explorer socks and switched to these a few years ago. I prefer them better.
They are not cheap but they do last, so that's buying a few here and there is ok.
Farmers department store sell them and if you are patient (I'm not as it's cold) they go on special and you can save up to 50% off.

3 pairs are these, which are what I've had for a few years. Superfleece Colour Out Tip H&T - https://www.nzsock.co.nz/purpose/all/superfleece-colour-out-tip-ht/navy
1 pair is of these, which is a slight variation on the style. I'll test those ones out tomorrow. They feel slightly less bulky and a touch shorter. Extreme Boot - https://www.nzsock.co.nz/purpose/all/extreme-boot-2160/navy

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use to wear Explorer socks and switched to these a few years ago. I prefer them better.
They are not cheap but they do last, so that's buying a few here and there is ok.
Farmers department store sell them and if you are patient (I'm not as it's cold) they go on special and you can save up to 50% off.

3 pairs are these, which are what I've had for a few years. Superfleece Colour Out Tip H&T - https://www.nzsock.co.nz/purpose/all/superfleece-colour-out-tip-ht/navy
1 pair is of these, which is a slight variation on the style. I'll test those ones out tomorrow. They feel slightly less bulky and a touch shorter. Extreme Boot - https://www.nzsock.co.nz/purpose/all/extreme-boot-2160/navy

Thanks Chris. Something to definitely look into.

I ordered this Vostok Komandirskie today (seller picture). It comes with the blue and red NATO strap shown, but I don't like those much. After much, much, much deliberation I decided to try something a little different and ordered a crimson red silicone strap from Barton's elite silicone collection. Can't wait to see those two together!
1595625197960.png

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Picked up a few more merino socks.
I like the way they have used different knit types to give comfort where needed and not make them too bulky.

The top sock is inside out. Loop knit on the base and leg and normal on top of the foot.

20200801_105223.jpg

These look to have two thickness of loop knit and also plan areas. A different colour for each knit type. Comfy outdoor boot socks

20200801_105320.jpg

Got the pieces to complete my grandfathers old casio. They look a smidge more flat than my newer one which is more satin but they certainly put it back into use. Really excited to were this watch finally. To be honest all the pieces were more than my newer watch but it has much higher continental value.

Before

20200619_211809.jpg

With the new reproduction bezel and strap

20200803_163624.jpg

Not a great picture, but here's the Pobeda Red 12 that just arrived today! I wasn't able to get the case back to authenticate the movement, but it does have original film on the back. Probably circa 1947-50. Still waiting on a band for it. Ordered a one piece leather pull through band in "oxblood red".
pobeda.jpg

I have a small vintage watch (the Red 12 in this thread and Watch Ya Wearing?). Also considering picking up another watch of the same vintage. They are small - about 32mm. Only somewhat happy with the single pass leather band I have it on. Ordered a Bund strap from Holben's to give it some "presence". Will be the first time wearing a Bund; should be interesting.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
New boot day! Woohoo! :badger::badger::badger:

B4327718-EFEE-4F9F-8AF3-4950141366E9.jpeg

Rhodes Dean boots from Huckberry in dark brown, plain toe. With Huckleberry’s special discount for veterans on Veterans’ Day, I snagged these for a real good deal. Portuguese made. Blake stitched welt. Leather looks fine. Probably corrected, but fine. The fit is on the tighter side, more like a dress shoe than a boot. But that’s also fine for my needs. We’ll see how they brake in, but I’m happy so far.

Last edited:
New boot day! Woohoo! :badger::badger::badger:

View attachment 1183611

Rhodes Dean boots from Huckberry in dark brown, plain toe. With Huckleberry’s special discount for veterans on Veterans’ Day, I snagged these for a real good deal. Portuguese made. Blake stitched welt. Leather looks fine. Probably corrected, but fine. The fit is on the tighter side, more like a dress shoe than a boot. But that’s also fine for my needs. We’ll see how they brake in, but I’m happy so far.

Looking good.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Top Bottom