What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

IM back! i fianly got a new scale and celibrated it with some snow dragon 09 from steve. i even got grandma to have a few cups.

I had some Lu Shan Saturday night at the Steeping Room in Austin. It was decent.

The Steeping Room is right up the street from my house. What they have there is not the best of the best but it's all fairly good quality. They really come in handy when I,m running low on teas.

The Steeping Room is right up the street from my house. What they have there is not the best of the best but it's all fairly good quality. They really come in handy when I,m running low on teas.

That was pretty much my take as well. It was, however, pretty awesome to be able to run into a shop and leave with a decent to-go cup of tea.

Harney and Sons Hu Shan Yellow Buds

Another nice tea from Harney and Sons. The leaf sets are nice and complete and have a bit of fuziness on them. The color (very light yellow), flavor (mild w/ some slight sweetness), and aroma (light earthy mildly sweet smell) of this tea are very similar to a white tea, but the tea does have some vegetal notes characteristic of green tea. Along with the chatacteristics mentioned, this tea has some other unique flavors present that I'm still trying to figure out.

:thumbup1:

Harney and Sons Hu Shan Yellow Buds

Another nice tea from Harney and Sons. The leaf sets are nice and complete and have a bit of fuziness on them. The color (very light yellow), flavor (mild w/ some slight sweetness), and aroma (light earthy mildly sweet smell) of this tea are very similar to a white tea, but the tea does have some vegetal notes characteristic of green tea. Along with the chatacteristics mentioned, this tea has some other unique flavors present that I'm still trying to figure out.

:thumbup1:

i also had some hu shan but not by H&S its good good stuff i need better water though. i am getting the miniral taste coming through.

i also had some hu shan but not by H&S its good good stuff i need better water though. i am getting the miniral taste coming through.

I battle with that as well...we have hard water here. Our fridge has a PUR 2 stage filter in it which helps tremendously with the water quality. It does not remove all the minerals though as evident by the white stuff left behind in my kettle, but I've found that by using the filtered water and regulary cleaning my pot with vinegar and water greatly diminishs the mineral taste.

Shizuoka Tea Genmaicha....everything you want in a good genmaicha...toastiness...vegitaliness...smooth and refreshing...what else can you ask for!

Went very well with tonights shashimi and seaweed salad dinner!

Fuji sencha. 3.2 g into dayi gaiwan 70C water
proxy.php

first infusion (1m) verry light flavor no astringancy slightly grassy and a hint of almonds.
proxy.php

second infusion (30s) grassyness and a hint of astringancy have poked there way to to top the almonds gone this time around
proxy.php

third infusion (2m) 80c hint of astringancy on the sides of the tounge and slight grassy notes but mostly nutty verry enjoyable.
proxy.php

Master Matusmoto's Supernatural Green

With some Neil Young and melon for a very late and lazy start to the day

A little more twiggy than my last batch but still great stuff, a pan fired Japanese green

Teavana Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls. It's a wonderful way for a dad and his 17-yr old daughter to spend quality time on a Saturday morning. :001_smile

Top Bottom