What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

That's why I get my puerh exclusively from you :)

When is the oolong coming? I'm about to run out :(

Not to hijack the green tea thread but just to answer your question: The Taiwanese oolongs will finish harvesting toward the end of May. So, my order should ship in early June and be here in less than a couple of weeks.

Just to keep the thread on topic, yesterday I had some of the West Lake Long Jing (Dragonwell). Very nice high-end tea although I must say that my personal preference is usually for something other than a green. Floral aspects were wonderful and that aspect in itself made the session more than enjoyable.

Green Teas of the Days:
Yang Yan Gou Qing and Huang Shan Mao Feng, both from TeaSpring
I think these are fantastic, delicious green teas.
Generally I cleave to sencha--drinking lots of pots each day, but I'm happy to branch out when the branch leads to leaves this good!

The last of my first ever houjicha, from Postcard Teas.

It's a very relaxing & undemanding tea. It's pretty tough to screw up.

Not something I'll be restocking right away but I'll certainly buy houjicha again

Harney Citron Green (iced).
Orange flavors and sunflowers blend carefully with large Japanese bancha leaves to create a light, clean and invigorating Citron Green tea.
I don't think much if this hot but like it iced.

Upton's China Green Young Hyson (iced)
This organic tea has the bold flavor of a high-fired tea, yet it has a pleasing smoothness with delicate sweetness. The thin, well-twisted leaves produce a liquor with a pale green color. A very popular style of China green tea.

Smooth. I like it hot or iced.

Harney's Moroccan Mint (iced).
Our "take" on the traditional Arabian beverage. Gunpowder Green tea is blended with aromatic Peppermint leaves from Oregon to impart a unique brisk green tea experience.
This is wonderful iced. Only one steeping though... the mint was pretty much exhausted the first go.

Harney's Moroccan Mint (iced).
Our "take" on the traditional Arabian beverage. Gunpowder Green tea is blended with aromatic Peppermint leaves from Oregon to impart a unique brisk green tea experience.
This is wonderful iced. Only one steeping though... the mint was pretty much exhausted the first go.

Harney's Lemony Gunpowder (iced).
This is a popular flavored green tea. The base for this one is a traditional Gunpowder with a hint of lemon added to brighten the flavor.
Meh... tastes a bit artificial to me. Glad it was only a sample. Not horrible, but I won't order more.

2011 Spring San Xia
Bi Luo Chun Green Tea

from Hou De Fine Tea

I love this Taiwanese tea. Probably this is the best green tea I bought this year. Sometimes a tea reminds me of my aunt's favorite (and inspired) saying: "Quick, grab it all before the hoarders get here!" Hou De has offered this tea regularly for several years, and it consistently delights me. When I taste it, I smile and say, "Wow!" Best to all, ~grasshopper

Miyazaki Tokujo Kamairicha

Sweet, crisp, creamy

Kamairicha is a pan fired sencha, its so good it makes me wonder why did they ever start steaming!

2011 Spring San Xia
Bi Luo Chun Green Tea

from Hou De Fine Tea

I love this Taiwanese tea. Probably this is the best green tea I bought this year. Sometimes a tea reminds me of my aunt's favorite (and inspired) saying: "Quick, grab it all before the hoarders get here!" Hou De has offered this tea regularly for several years, and it consistently delights me. When I taste it, I smile and say, "Wow!" Best to all, ~grasshopper

I don't think I've ever ordered a green tea from Hou De, this may have to change soon.

Lao Shan green today. I was a little heavy handed with the first few brews and not too keen on the outcome, brewed more gently it shines.

More lao shan today.

Tasted even better than usual after walking up and down a big hill.

Here's a pic from about halfway up, the view from the top was plain grey in every direction.
proxy.php

Top Bottom