What's new

Gillette Pure Shave Cream

I bought this cream yesterday & have used it twice. I'm a daily shaver & have never had any issues with any creams or blades outside of the Bic Yellows box. I have used in the past Barbasol in the can, Cremo, Neutrogena, & Nivea shave creams. After both shaves my face was red, felt irritated with a burning sensation. I loved the scent, cream went on easily & the shave was very smooth. But I will not be using this cream again. Initially I thought my first shave reaction was from a bad blade but confirmed today it wasn't.

Hello, I found this at the local Grocery Outlet for around 4 bucks. I was running low on my usual Kiss My Face and put this into service. Using my New Deluxe and Czech Gillette Super Stainless blade, I got a BBS shave. The scent is Gillette Cool Wave to me. My face really likes this stuff. I can’t seem to find this in the usual stores, here in Spokaloo. I hope Gillette doesn’t discontinue this after I found out that I like the stuff. This happens to me all the time. I have some other creams coming from the ItalianBarber including Palmolive, this seems to be liked around here. For now, I really like this Pure by Gillette cream and have recommended it to my friends.

Hello, I found this at the local Grocery Outlet for around 4 bucks. I was running low on my usual Kiss My Face and put this into service. Using my New Deluxe and Czech Gillette Super Stainless blade, I got a BBS shave. The scent is Gillette Cool Wave to me. My face really likes this stuff. I can’t seem to find this in the usual stores, here in Spokaloo. I hope Gillette doesn’t discontinue this after I found out that I like the stuff. This happens to me all the time. I have some other creams coming from the ItalianBarber including Palmolive, this seems to be liked around here. For now, I really like this Pure by Gillette cream and have recommended it to my friends.
I think we're from the same place, no one else but a native would call it Spokaloo :)

I grabbed this the other day at Wally world. Was going to grab the 3 tube special from Amazon, but because of past hording I opted to spend the extra dollar a tube and just grab the one.
Only ran a test lather.
Because of the design of the tubes head I may have used too much. Inline the twist off tube you can put it straight in the bowl and shmere it off the top, I held the tube above the bowl because of the cap and was squeezing until I say the paste.
Anyway the test lather went ok.
Maybe I'm weird but the scent didn't blow my socks off. One has said reminds them of the gillette cool wave AS but I don't think it does.
Anyway I'll be giving it a try after another test hand lather to push it to the limit as to how much water it'll take, feeling throughout for when it "falls off".
Been burned too many times by good looking but bad performing lather so I do this with all my soaps and creams first before actually using them to shave.
However I am glad they put out this cream. Finally something for brush latherers.

Well, I tried the Gillette Pure cream again today. It is slippery but remains a suboptimal performer. I was left with several small nicks and one cut using a Dorco Prime (ordinarily a very good performer for me). The smell remains fuggy for me. YMMV.

I bought a tube of this and used it a few days ago. I thought it was OK but not great. Most of the creams we talk about frequently on B&B are much better. I really don’t love the fragrance either.

I find gillette pure to work very nice for a straight razor shave, making the lather very thin and wet works for me. Then again I also use Williams mug soap and yardley bar soap with nice results with a straight razor.
Well, I tried the Gillette Pure cream again today. It is slippery but remains a suboptimal performer. I was left with several small nicks and one cut using a Dorco Prime (ordinarily a very good performer for me). The smell remains fuggy for me. YMMV.
I like it for the slickness for a straight razor shave shave, for me it works very well with a very wet lather. As far as the smell, I overlook it for a good shave.

I bought a tube of this and used it a few days ago. I thought it was OK but not great. Most of the creams we talk about frequently on B&B are much better. I really don’t love the fragrance either.
I like it for the slickness of the shaves, I also like Williams mug soap and yardley bar soap also for the slickness with a straight razor.

Grabbed a tube a while back out of curiosity and have used it five times. It's pretty good, I enjoy the scent and performance but probably wouldn't buy another one when this one is done.

Skinguard, already a few threads about it. Own it, love it, and will always keep one around. Considering they will be regularly available at Walmart and Target I'm sure this is my new travel option. I'm really waiting to find some of these new pure products locally.
Hey Slybrew....How have you been? Have you tried the new Cremo 5 blade razor. I was thinking about it, but not sure.

Top Bottom