What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Its just my opinion of course, but the ASD2 is perfectly paired with a Feather in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You have a Feather razor, but don't use a Feather blade with it... now that is strange 😱 😨

The AS-D2 was designed to be used specifically with the Feather blade, as it combines the ultimate mildness of its head design with unprecedented sharpness of the Feather blade.
I'll get there. I received a fairly large assortment of blades when I picked up my ASD2 and am working my way through them at a pace of 1 per week. I'm hoping to like the Feathers when I get around to them, but found them too harsh in other DEs that I used to have years ago (mainly an Injector user prior to getting the ASD2).

I ordered a Razorock Big Bruce yesterday and threw 10 nacets in the cart as an afterthought. Will pair them with a FOCS. I don’t usually stray from Permasharp supers or Astra SP’s in any of my razors.

IME, the Nacet work perfectly in certain razors for me (like the Tatara Masamune). In that particular razor, no other blade can compete with the Nacet (I have tried a lot). But in other razors, I find the Nacet underwhelming and other blades better.

I therefore believe there is an ideal blade for every razor and n one blade works best in every razor.

I shave my head with a Henson AL13 medium. Used my first Nacet today (got a large sampler pack of blades I'm working through), and it was amazing. Had 5 days of growth, and the Nacet just plowed thorough it all without any friction, irritation, or cuts. Cleanest shave I've had yet (although I've only been using a DE on my head for about 4 months now). I think I may just stop working through the sample pack and keep using Nacets!

I have never got a good shave from a Nacet in my Pre or Post War Techs. Consistently duds. They don't smooth out either. Much better shave with a Treet yellow and even a Dorco 301 or Prime blade. The SLOC doesn't care for them. Why is this I don't get it?

Last edited:
Nacets are definitely a favorite. Who wouldn’t like a razor that can slice an alligator in half lol!

honorary mention: Gillette silver blues and Bic chromes.
1AB70271-86D9-4A4A-87A4-AE2F13AA9DC8.png

I have been getting "nacet like" shaves from Rapira super stainless (white and blue package.) I don't even know if I can tell them apart blindfolded. Ymmv I suppose.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gillette Nacet is a great blade Sharp & smooth with great longevity, for a great Sharp and Smooooth blade the Gillette Silver Blue is the one I enjoy the most with reasonable longevity. GSB does not have the longevity of a Nacet IMO. Other great blades are Gillette 7oClockSP(black) Personna red & Kai SS are also Top tier blades IMO from my experiences. I like the Kai SS because it wider than a Standard blade by 9/1000 of a inch(.009") Sharp & smooth+ great longevity and I like putting them in my milder razors for a nice boost in blade feel, Good to have a tuck or 2 for this purpose.

Nacets are very good blades for sure....sharp and smooth. Even though I use and like them, I tend to reach for others in my stock....Polsilver, 7o'clock Super Platinum, German Wilkinson, Lord Platinum and Super Chrome.

I like them in a stainless tech (ASD1). Although I prefer Permasharp super for longevity.
Roughly 6 good shaves and out for me. On par with Astra SP’s. If I had an unlimited supply I wouldn’t grumble.

Top Bottom