What's new

Gillette guard

I had tried these several months ago. I think they're a clever design, and are better than a lot of cheap single-edge disposables. They're also kind of refreshing after the current trend toward more and more blades. (What are they up to now? 7? 10? 42?)

However, the Guard really left me with a lot of cuts. I stopped using it because of that. I switched back to what I had been using, a Gillette Mach 3. Recently I have started using a DE razor and am very happy with it so far. It's giving me a good shave and not cutting me into ribbons.

From what I remember, the Guard gave a decent shave, and it was very easy to rinse. It just didn't work out for me. YMMV. :)

I use the Guard when travelling, for both face and head shaves. Superbly designed and engineered its utility is absolute. Without doubt the best cart Gillette has ever made. Comfortable, intuitive and capable of up to 10 close shaves for little cost.

Quick, comfortable, and affordable really enjoy using the Guard my one complaint would be the quality control on some of the invididual cart heads as I've had some dodgy ones but I've got a seller from Bangladesh who sells the great ones in bulk for a nice price

hi, any way you can hook me up with the Bangladesh seller ? (is he on ebay ?) I'd be interested in a bulk purchase. Thanx.

Question : why would you see this particular one as a good potential head-shaver , instead of others ?
The Guard is a single blade design that won't clog up. It has a long handle, and a pivot on the blade, making it easier to shave around the back. Also, refills are very cheap compared to other cartridge razors.

Reactions: bjm
I like the guard but have only used it once. But why does Gillette make a big deal about being able to hang it on a hook in the shower? I have never seen a hook in a shower.

Also, that breaks rule number one for blade life: dont leave the razor in a damp wet environment, like the shower.:eek2:

Top Bottom