What's new

Gillette guard

3 shaves in and im in love with this razor.

No matter what you use with it, this razor performs. Zero irritation or nicks!

Perfect shave every time.

A bit of buffing under the chin and I’m smooth as ever.

Your thoughts on the gillette guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes a good travel razor. Might be good for head shavers, but I'm not sure.

Makes you feel as if you are shaving with a vegetable peeler. :laugh:

It makes a good travel razor. Might be good for head shavers, but I'm not sure.

Makes you feel as if you are shaving with a vegetable peeler. :laugh:

Hahaha! So true

It works very well for me though. Im sure others might not agree.

I like it as a travel razor, but definitely prefer something more durable for daily use. I could definitely see this being the first razor I shave my head with if I go that route.

I like the Guard and get great shaves from it. However, I only use it when traveling and unable to bring razor blades on the plane.

It's great for touch ups under the nose, around the mouth & chin, but for the large areas not as good as a DE IMO as you need to use pressure.

I guess that all depends on the persons beard.

I personally dont have any issues.

I love DE razors but i just find i get a better shave with the guard.

I guess that all depends on the persons beard.

I personally dont have any issues.

I love DE razors but i just find i get a better shave with the guard.

That's because you're a rookie with DE razors and haven't learned how to use one correctly. It takes time & dedication. If you don't want to do that then take the Guard and run. Your money, your choice.

That's because you're a rookie with DE razors and haven't learned how to use one correctly. It takes time & dedication. If you don't want to do that then take the Guard and run. Your money, your choice.

Rookie?? Haha....you’re a joke.

keyboard warrior.

I simply said guards work for me. No need to get emotional over a simple thing like shaving.

I use the Guard daily to shave my head. I also use it as my travel razor because I prefer to not to check my bags. They just work for me. No clogs. No irritation. YMMV.

I never get a truly BBS shave with the Guard, but I can get a more-than-passable for work shave with it and never cut myself. Paired with shaving oil, that makes the razor great for travel when I don't know how the local water will work with my soap.

I have been wet shaving with DE and sometimes G2/Trac 2 twin blade systems for a decade since abandoning multi blade cartridges. I used to have terrible irritation. I have spent years mastering my technique and finding the right combo, which for me was the EJ DE89L, Astra SP blades, Erasmic cream and a synthetic Kent brush.

A few months ago I tried the Gillette Guard for a change as I was intrigued and since the first shave I genuinely haven’t gone back to DE. YMMV, and I have noticed that many people are quite snobbish about it, but it works brilliantly for me and is considerably quicker than a DE shave.

Quick, comfortable, and affordable really enjoy using the Guard my one complaint would be the quality control on some of the invididual cart heads as I've had some dodgy ones but I've got a seller from Bangladesh who sells the great ones in bulk for a nice price

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I just picked up a Gillette Guard from Maggard's for $1.95 and $3.50 for 6 carts for my 14 yr old son when he gets ready to start shaving. I heard it is a good starter razor, but I want to try it myself now! West Coast Shavers also sells them, as I haven't checked them out on fleabay yet..........

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have been using the Guard only on those rare occasions where I need to carry on my bag for a flight. It is a good travel razor. It won’t shave me even remotely as close as a good DE setup. But it is passable. I get a decent comfortable shave with it.

That veggie peeler comment above kills me. Lol.... Never occurred to me before, but now I’m gonna be thinking it every time I use a Guard. :)

Top Bottom