What's new

Gillette Fatboy Cleanup|Before and after w/commentary

Alright, gentlemen, the video has completed...or so I think. Here it is video=youtube;jH-ZfBeg454]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-ZfBeg454[/video

Please let me know if there are any issues when viewing the video, I had some issues right after it finished but I think its all there. Its about 25.5 minutes long...Enjoy! :popc:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I just watched the video all the way through. It should work for y'all. I do apologize about them spots when I brought my hands out of the frame...I hope I didn't lose anyone there.

So I did the video yesterday and at the end of today, I started on another razor. This is not a members Fatboy, just one I picked up at an antique store along my travels that needs some work.

It's a '59 E4. I am not going to post progress pictures of this one, just before and after shots, in an attempt to save you all from seeing the same thing over and over. Here's the razor before:

$uploadfromtaptalk1406181321480.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406181334075.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406181342680.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406181358393.jpg

You sir are a perfectionist! Outstanding video and thank you so much for taking great care of my razor. First video on YouTube I watched that I didn't want to end. Very well done, great job!

Great video......enjoyed watching it. Those of us with FB's can finally see what's under all that nickel and how it works. Appreciate it!

I want to thank everyone for the kind comments on the thread/video! Thanks guys!

In the future, I think I'll do a "short" video on how to take the crimped retainer cap off the later Fatboys and crimp them back on, thoughts?

I want to thank everyone for the kind comments on the thread/video! Thanks guys!

In the future, I think I'll do a "short" video on how to take the crimped retainer cap off the later Fatboys and crimp them back on, thoughts?

I don't personally have a Fatboy yet, but I am enjoying watching your work and think the more videos the better.

Also, I love the progress shots and wouldn't find them redundant at all.

Thanks for doing this.

So I took apart and cleaned up that last razor last night. It was actually very clean on the inside, the outside just showed some staining...hard water I suspect.

Here is the razor after I broke it down, cleaned, and polished it:

$uploadfromtaptalk1406223531840.jpg

Note how poor the doors looked in the before photos. Here they show a restored brilliance! And yes, I had to remove them for this teardown, mainly for cleaning and polishing.

$uploadfromtaptalk1406223581698.jpg

Top Bottom